Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a 2007 R6 with a nice solid 37k on it lol. It’ll be a first bike and I was just wondering for 4000 if I should keep looking as I want it to last a while.

·
Zip ties and Duct tape
183 Posts
pics

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
not only no... but HELL no!!! An R6 with that many miles is a ticking time bomb. The short on how to buy a bike for a noob:

-low miles
-original owner
-stock unmolested condition (no crashes or modifications)

To put it in perspective... I own 6 R6s of various vintages. I could add up the odometers on all of them and not have 1/2 the miles of that one.
They get ridden in anger @ 10/10ths (or as close as I can get)... so theres that. :D

I would be looking for an "S" model if you want something you can clock some miles on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
not only no... but HELL no!!! An R6 with that many miles is a ticking time bomb. The short on how to buy a bike for a noob:

-low miles
-original owner
-stock unmolested condition (no crashes or modifications)

To put it in perspective... I own 6 R6s of various vintages. I could add up the odometers on all of them and not have 1/2 the miles of that one.
They get ridden in anger @ 10/10ths (or as close as I can get)... so theres that. :D

I would be looking for an "S" model if you want something you can clock some miles on.
dont listen to this guy he sounds like an idiot if you like it ride it and try it out and offer 3k just so you can have extra cash my R6 has 60k and still smooth

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
2900 mile per year average... may have sat for some years. What part of the country you're in makes a difference due to climate. In cold climates it's less common to see even that many miles. Warmer it's probably common to see more. Regardless, I think 4k for the dents, miles, alterations and worn tires is high. (rear are at the wear-mark and can't see the front) People usually HACK (and I mean HACK) the wiring on these things. I cringe everytime I look at other people's work. That should knock off another $500 or more depending on what you find. Maybe fetch 2,600?? Have to look at what other bikes in your area are fetching. Finding out why they're letting it go can be an important clue as to whether there might be other issues. Also keep in mind that many people have been out of work for awhile and the bank account is running a bit light. Seller may be looking for a quick cash infusion... that becomes more urgent as the month ends and more bills are due.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
dont listen to this guy he sounds like an idiot if you like it ride it and try it out and offer 3k just so you can have extra cash my R6 has 60k and still smooth
Smooth like the Ken dolls you play with?? Let me get a thimble with which we can fill your mechanical knowledge with. Or you can impress me with a spreadsheet of what you serviced to keep an R6 engine running for 60,000 miles. We hadn't qualified your riding skills, if in fact your story is true. 60,000 miles on one of the worst streetbikes ever produced... tell me more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Smooth like the Ken dolls you play with?? Let me get a thimble with which we can fill your mechanical knowledge with. Or you can impress me with a spreadsheet of what you serviced to keep an R6 engine running for 60,000 miles. We hadn't qualified your riding skills, if in fact your story is true. 60,000 miles on one of the worst streetbikes ever produced... tell me more.
exactly like the ken doll
i just follow the service manual and do my oil and filter every 3-4k miles anything else? sir know it all? gtfo 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts