Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey evrybody, I have been lurking on your board for just over 3 months, and you guys rock with all the information you provide. For all the california residents, does anybody know a reliable source for buying used motorcycles (esp. yamaha sixers) I want to purchase an r6, but when searching around the net, I find BS sites like searchmotorcycle.com or kids hoping they will get back what they paid for their bike on ebay. It's typical of private sellers to not want to feel like an idiot for not hanging on to their bike, but charging 1000 under factory price is a bit much for me, i would just go find a dealer then. Anyways, any information on some good sources to by used Yamahas would help me immensely in my search to join your forum and get my r6 :)

D

p.s. Was considering even trying to get a dropped bike and fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx

Yea, I was checking them out as well as Moutain motorsports. Between the two of them, they buy out EVERYTHING in socal and resell them for nothing under 6500. thanks man for the quick reply. Just hoping their is somebody else, but knowing socal, monopoly rules.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hahm motorsports sells some used bikes. They're locaated in Anaheim off the I-5. Champion in Newport sells used Hondas and Yamahas too. If you're looking for a used Honda, Spectrum motorsports in Irvine sells some of them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dunno what the situation is down there in the states (with the different riding seasons) .... but here in Canada, used bikes are cheapest from about mid-June to September..... any time before or after, you are gonna get raped on private sales and dealerships

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ya prices get cheaper around october since the new year models come out here in the states, that and the riding season is comin to a close :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts