Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
^^Slow guy on fast bike^^
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without resorting to zip-ties or having huge panel gaps, is a '08+ fairing stay all that's needed to mount up '08+ Armour Bodies or Sharkskinz bodywork (supersport tail most likely) onto a '06-07 with a OEM subframe? (Aftermarket full exhaust - most likely Yoshi)

The search seems to indicate yes, but I want to check & confirm.

·
Registered
351 Posts
from what two people who sell these bodies have told me, yes they fit. a lot of the bodies for the 08+ are for the older ones and jut need the fairing stay changed.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I don't need the '08+ seat that I bought though, that will NOT bolt to the '07 subframe.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rider's seat is most definitely different. The bolt holes are not in the same location, for one.

·
m3lover2
10,520 Posts
Seats are interchangeable. The difference is in the curve that goes around the tank, and the rear of the seat as you can see in my posted pic.

(08+ bodywork with 07 seat and tank)

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think I figured out why I had the issue - my bike doesn't have the "batwing" looking piece installed at all.. the previous owner just bolted the seat right to the subframe on my '07. The '08 seat I have has the mounting holes much closer together than the seat that came on the bike.. (unless the seat on the bike isn't an '07 seat? Sure looks like one though)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am curious about this as well, if I but the woodcraft 08 race plastics, what will I need to make it fit my 07? just the fairing stay? everything match up otherwise?

Thanks!

Jonathan

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fairing stay - yes.
subframe - maybe. Supersport tail? the '08+ seat fits the bodywork, but presses against the tank, and vice-versa.
The bolts that locate the upper bodywork to the frame may be in a different location.
The holts that locate the lower bodywork to the sprocket cover and the bracket may be in a different location.

·
Registered
439 Posts
They fit but not very nicely like they have said. You can probably just drill some new holes and stuff. The fairing stay and stuff like that is different and will require retrofitting. Nothing a simple drill can't fix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts