Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo...

This is both a cool and interesting article regarding Valentino Rossi and his day with Ferrari. What a life.....

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=6052 (article Below)

MotoGP World Champion and opening round race winner Valentino Rossi tested a Ferrari F2003-GA Formula One car at the Fiorano Circuit in Italy today.

Although both Rossi and Ferrari tried to keep the test a secret, they weren't successful in doing so. Eyewitness reports said that Rossi made a "major mistake" at one point, but then settled down to turn some respectable lap times.

Rossi ended up lapping at a best of 59.00, some three seconds off Michael Schumacher's lap record at the facility. Rossi wore a red helmet in an effort to confuse anyone who saw him driving.

"It was an very exciting day for me, driving a Formula 1 car has been an extraordinary experience and it’s been great to be in Michael Schumacher’s position for a day," Rossi said. "I’m really grateful to Ferrari for offering me this opportunity.”

:jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump

·
Registered
281 Posts
i wish i was gifted....Rossi is the man...hands down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I heard them talking about this on the F1 race on Speed last night. Very cool. The announcers were amazed he was turning better times than the actual test driver :mrgreen:

·
Registered
786 Posts
the new 2004 Ferrari prolly takes a few seconds off those lap records too.... that car is ungodly..... the flared (shark-like) side pods.... :drink

I hope he crushes Montoya some more, that dude is just a whiner :moon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts