Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see what a good price for a 2006 R6 with 28K miles is?
I know it varies by location and the asking price for used bikes around here is kind of ridiculous... Anyway this guy is asking $5000 for this bike, I offered $3800 but he says the lowest he can go is $4500. The bike looks to be well taken care of. However, I'm thinking that's still a bit high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depends where you are. That price is inflated where I used to live in the northeast. The bike had been wrecked at some point unless he has the black fairings at are the original as those are yellow fake 50th anniversary fairings. The 06-07 Gen do have a few issues so I would hope that he had a good history of maintinance.
All that being said. Where are you located?
Looking to see what a good price for a 2006 R6 with 28K miles is?
I know it varies by location and the asking price for used bikes around here is kind of ridiculous... Anyway this guy is asking $5000 for this bike, I offered $3800 but he says the lowest he can go is $4500. The bike looks to be well taken care of. However, I'm thinking that's still a bit high.
View attachment 376719 View attachment 376720 View attachment 376721

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends where you are. That price is inflated where I used to live in the northeast. The bike had been wrecked at some point unless he has the black fairings at are the original as those are yellow fake 50th anniversary fairings. The 06-07 Gen do have a few issues so I would hope that he had a good history of maintinance.
All that being said. Where are you located?
I'm in FL, the prices seem much higher than they were a few years ago. I mean I bought a 2009 R6 with 10K miles for $4800 back in 2016, now the average asking price I'm seeing for 09's is around $6000-$7000. He did mention the tank was painted and I didn't realize those weren't factory fairings until you pointed it out. Anyway, I think I'm going to pass on this one... He's only had it a few months and the previous owner didn't pass along any maintenance records whatsoever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in FL, the prices seem much higher than they were a few years ago. I mean I bought a 2009 R6 with 10K miles for $4800 back in 2016, now the average asking price I'm seeing for 09's is around $6000-$7000. He did mention the tank was painted and I didn't realize those weren't factory fairings until you pointed it out. Anyway, I think I'm going to pass on this one... He's only had it a few months and the previous owner didn't pass along any maintenance records whatsoever.
Used car and bike values during the pandemic have gone crazy. If you want a bike look up north I’m the Carolinas-PA if you are willing to ship a bike or do a long drive. Here in Texas values are insane to what I’m used to from Pa

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used car and bike values during the pandemic have gone crazy. If you want a bike look up north I’m the Carolinas-PA if you are willing to ship a bike or do a long drive. Here in Texas values are insane to what I’m used to from Pa
Definitely going to expand the search, there's just no way I'm going to pay $7k for a bike that was $9k OTD 10+ years ago.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Water is still dripping from it having been washed. The numerous "mods" lower the price even more. People usually hack the wiring and non-OEM aftermarket mirrors have plastic stalks that break. Needless to say, purchasing OEM quality mirrors is expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in NW PA and prices are just as crazy bc of the pandemic. I'm a technician and like to buy blown up or major mechanical issue machines and fix them but can't find anything for less than $2500. Running sportbikes are no less than $5000 even for early 2000 bikes with road rash.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts