Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a local bike for sale that I have looked into and its perfectly straight from a law enforcement standpoint. The guys friend dipped out on a bunch of bills and debt and left the bike with just the registration, just no title. Its a 2006 ZX6R with 1100 miles.... what do you think the value is on the bike just to use for racing no street use. Hes asking around 3800 or so for the bike but what would be a good negotiating point?

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
it's gonna be hard to sell a bike without title...why dont you go to the dmv and get a new one?

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I would figure less then if the bike was totaled. You could pick it up and buy a new frame and switch out everything onto a new frame. Could you file for a lost title or is the bike still have a lien against it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the guy I spoke with briefly said he went to the police to ask what his options where and they basically said all he could do was put a lein on the bike but the guy is nowhere to be found who owes him all the money. But he did not get into the loan amount so I will find that other info out tomorrow when I go to see it. I mean if the bike is clean is there anyway to get a title or should I just stick with the original plan of track bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts