Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vroom Vroom
605 Posts
Does anyone still have the spreadsheet that they can upload?

Doing my valve adjustments and I got

Cyl 1 Intake Intake Exhaust Exhaust
.15 .15 .15 .15

Cyl 2
.15 .15 .10 .15
Cyl 3.
.15 .15 .15 .15

Cyl 4
.15 .15 .15 .15

Do those number make sense? From my understanding, the intake cam is in spec, but the exhaust cam is out of spec. Most of the exhaust valves have the same value except one. Is that normal?

Can valve specs tell you anything about the motor? Like if it was ran hard, or why the intake is in spec and exhaust isn't?

I'm guessing I need to go buy some more shims since mine only had 3 of each size and it looks like I will need 4 more of the same shim.

·
Vroom Vroom
605 Posts
So I finished adjusting the valves per factory specifications. I also replaced the spark plugs as they were also due.

I turned on the bike, let it idle and it still came down super low. So I adjusted the idle screw and turned it up to 1000-1500 and it is idling fine now. I guess the idle just needed to be adjusted, but I didn't want to mess with it since the valves and spark plugs were due.

Weird thing is that I don't remember hearing a valve tick before. But now I think I hear a slight tick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.