Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
Wow, that is way over due! Yes then most likely all of your exhaust valves are to tight and your intake vales might be off as well. You should get your self a shim kit online. Your going to need a lot of them lol

·
2 wheels> 4 wheels
32 Posts
Wow, that is way over due! Yes then most likely all of your exhaust valves are to tight and your intake vales might be off as well. You should get your self a shim kit online. Your going to need a lot of them lol
That is good advise. I was not sure where to get the shims I needed. Ill look around online right now.

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
You can get just a refill kit for half that price.

·
2 wheels> 4 wheels
32 Posts

·
2 wheels> 4 wheels
32 Posts
Thanks for the help so far in here!

I wanted to show a photo of what I am working on. This is cylinder #1 closest to the left side of the bike and I took this from the front where the radiator would be sitting if it was on. Just wanted to confirm that if the lobe on the cam is not facing down then I should be able to fit one of the feeler gauges in between there correct?

Because I am now down to the thinnest gauge on this new set I just bought (.0015/.038mm) which is so thin its like paper! and it is just barley squeezing in there. Just wanted to confirm I have the lobe at the correct angle to check it. I guess if it is correct, the valves are super tight on the exhaust side.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Lobe is at a fine angle.

·
( . Y . )
3,176 Posts
Keep up the good work. Don't drop anything in the engine and don't have a extra bolts left over.
Make sure to torque everything down in the correct sequence as well :cheers

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
When you put the cam retainers on be careful, it really means 7 ft lb on those. Steel bolts and aluminum head makes it easier to strip. But it's a simple fix

·
2 wheels> 4 wheels
32 Posts
When you put the cam retainers on be careful, it really means 7 ft lb on those. Steel bolts and aluminum head makes it easier to strip. But it's a simple fix
Thanks for the heads up on that.

You'll also want to sync your throttle bodies as well im sure they are out of spec
Im sure I can find a DIY on that here somewhere. I will get those done also. Thanks.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on that.
Im sure I can find a DIY on that here somewhere. I will get those done also. Thanks.
Search diy throttle body sync. Luke g has a thread on how to make a tester and perform the test. It's simple.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts