Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
valve spring color

So im doing my top end on my 08 r6 I striped it down and left everything in order and neatly put aside.

I began reading YEC manuals and noticed the yec intake springs are light blue and the exhaust springs are yellow

my springs are organized opposite to that stated above

Now as far as I know my springs are stock..... what colors are what stock?

Thanks

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
I don't remember mine being any color. Just black

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Re: valve spring color

Ahh I just pulled my buckets off and seen them that way. I'll check my manual in a sec and get back to you

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Re: valve spring color

When I shimmed my valves.
Manual doesn't say anything about color either. Hmmm you may have yec springs

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
those are oem springs, i just don't remember which color is what. Those are OEM springs though. i recently had 2 engines rebuilt.. will have to get with my guy on which color is in/exst. It can vary from 06-07, 08+ and even later, there were updates. (purple spring paint i think for one side). There is a difference.
If you are reusing them, ya need to measure free length. And make sure there isn't wear on the retainers (those round things that hold the spring down).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks heaps mate, ill try to find an engine builder around here that might know

those are oem springs, i just don't remember which color is what. Those are OEM springs though. i recently had 2 engines rebuilt.. will have to get with my guy on which color is in/exst. It can vary from 06-07, 08+ and even later, there were updates. (purple spring paint i think for one side). There is a difference.
If you are reusing them, ya need to measure free length. And make sure there isn't wear on the retainers (those round things that hold the spring down).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts