Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello- I'm new here and I had a few questions I'm hoping some of you could answer for me.

I'd diein to get an R6, but I noticed that at least in europe, they have a different color scheme for blue, that has gold wheels and gold yamaha lettering with a few different white accents. Is this just a europe thing? is there any possible way I can get that here in the US?

Also, I've heard that the newgen R6 (06 & up) are extremely uncomfortable to ride, is this true?

And a question for some of the more knowledged technical guys here, if any: Heard that the new slipper clutches are different in operation than the older ones used years ago. How do these work? I've heard a kid who didn't know how they operated downshifted, expecting engine braking and the bike just freewheeled?

Thanks in advance for the insight I know i'll get.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm pretty sure the European colors are just in Europe.. as for comfort.. it depends on what your planning on doing?..

·
Registered
592 Posts
hello- I'm new here and I had a few questions I'm hoping some of you could answer for me.

I'd diein to get an R6, but I noticed that at least in europe, they have a different color scheme for blue, that has gold wheels and gold yamaha lettering with a few different white accents. Is this just a europe thing? is there any possible way I can get that here in the US?

Also, I've heard that the newgen R6 (06 & up) are extremely uncomfortable to ride, is this true?

And a question for some of the more knowledged technical guys here, if any: Heard that the new slipper clutches are different in operation than the older ones used years ago. How do these work? I've heard a kid who didn't know how they operated downshifted, expecting engine braking and the bike just freewheeled?

Thanks in advance for the insight I know i'll get.
If you want a confortable "cruize" bike the R6 is not for u, if you want the state of the art for a cornor carver...welcolm home brotha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the insight. I mean i'm not a complainer, i've just heard real negative stuff. I'd rather have the handling as long as its not uncomfortable as hell, and screws up my back or crap like that, it is a street bike for me, not track.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If its a street bike for you it will hurt your back over time. I just added risers to my 07 yesterday and it made a world of difference. But i must admit with the stock clip ons when you tuck on the parkway it feels like the bike is a part of you. If you want a more comfortable r6 get the r6s or 05 or later r6.

·
Registered
137 Posts
where did you get the risers from? and how high does it raise them? so you find it alot better with the risers? ive been looking for a set but havent had any luck

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
I fdon't find the R6 uncomfortable, I regularly ride for hours and don't get sore -->I am 5'8".
You can't get the european color schemes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts