Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating purchinasing velocity stacks for my '01 R6. Looking for any gains possible. Am I correct in reading that velocity stacks only help from the 12k rpm range and up? I dont race this bike and to be honest dont know that I have ever crossed the 12k rpm point. Yeah yeah I know....

So does Factory Pro or anyone else make a set of stacks that are aimed at the low to mid range for those willing to sacrifice top end?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ordered a set from motomummy. Best price I could find and available. I guess I will soon find out whether it was worth the $200. Figured it cant hurt along with my full exhaust and factory pro stage 1 jet kit and air filter (oem vs k&n)

OEM appears to be the go to filter regardless of mods.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
pipercross is the best filter you can buy. but unfortunately, no one has them in stock currently for that model. :(

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I had the same mods on my 01, factory pro stacks, ign advancer, full micron, and factory pro jet kit. With the oem filter, it ran great, but the K&N for some reason, made it run shitty. I ended up going back to stock and it ran better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts