Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ordering my bmc filter today and I came across velocity stacks. I've always seen people talk about it here but I never really paid any attention. Are these stacks worth it for an upgrade? I only plan on a filter and slip on as my upgrades, but if I run a filter and stacks will I need to pcIII? I've read the topic about pcIII being necessary if I run a filter and any type of exhaust, but will the stacks and filter combo make such a difference that I'll need the pcIII? All thoughts and comments welcome, thanks as always

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Where did you find these stacks? I have been looking for them for my 07. I have V stacks on my 04, the idea is to let more air in, I had PC the whole time so I don't know how it would run without the PC? The PC is a benefit, something I never have without. The PC is worth the money. The V stack I put on myself, wasn't to bad. Their not that terribly expensive.
Let me know where you found them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
they make a small bit of difference by themselves. But with the combination of the pipe, filter, SB's, and PCIII it all comes together with a custom tune.

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you find these stacks? I have been looking for them for my 07. I have V stacks on my 04, the idea is to let more air in, I had PC the whole time so I don't know how it would run without the PC? The PC is a benefit, something I never have without. The PC is worth the money. The V stack I put on myself, wasn't to bad. Their not that terribly expensive.
Let me know where you found them.
http://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php?cat=277

So I guess stacks alone won't make a world of difference but I guess it's a good icing on the cake when all else is done on the bike performance wise. Thanks for the replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts