Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rode it like 3 hours ago and everything was fine. I turn it on just now and sounds very choppy kind of like a Go Kart. Rode it down the road and it remains super choppy until I get going to about 30-45 mph and in 2nd-3rd gear. Then it is back to normal and very smooth until I get back down to slower speeds/gears. When it makes the switch from choppy to smooth in the middle of a gear it feels kind of like there are bubbles and then it feels like a bubble gets popped and then its back to smooth (sounds like that too in my exhaust). Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it again and just rode down my street. It feels like its not getting power at all until I get to about 15 mph. Almost feels like im starting from a stop in 2nd or 3rd gear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been doing some reading and the most common answer seems to be a valve adjustment is needed? Does that sound right to anyone else? Some people said bad fuel, but I don't think that would be the problem. Thanks!

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Are your valves due for adjusting?

When was the last time you had new plugs?

I had a problem last year where my plugs had about 10k km on them and were getting bad (and valves were almost due). It felt a lot like what you're describing. It wasn't consistently firing on all cylinders so it would jerk, and pull, and sound rough at low speed/rpm. Once I would get it up in the revs it seemed to get better.

I dropped in new plugs and it was night and day difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I brought it to the shop and talked to them. They said they think its what you said, the spark plugs and/or valves. They are going to run a diagnostic on it and let me know for sure. I'll relay the outcome to you guys just in case anyone cares.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts