Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
R-SEX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up what up!!!! Alright yall, I been pushing it lately and every time Im out I learn and experience new things... This time, at almost full lean I was feeling like the front end wanted to slip away. I was coming in a lil fast but I dont think it should have felt that light. At first I thought I might have been a lil aggressive and early with the fuel on my exit. When it did it again a few tur:stupic:stupicns later I knew that wasnt the case. I just recently went to a 70 series front tire and I know its not due to the tire. Maybe some suspension adjustment is needed? Maybe the road was to cold for good traction? (65 and over cast) Or maybe I had my ass to far back on the bike? Looking to yall for useful input like always.... Thanx yall are awesome!!!!

·
Resident Troll
423 Posts
What up what up!!!! Alright yall, I been pushing it lately and every time Im out I learn and experience new things... This time, at almost full lean I was feeling like the front end wanted to slip away. I was coming in a lil fast but I dont think it should have felt that light. At first I thought I might have been a lil aggressive and early with the fuel on my exit. When it did it again a few tur:stupic:stupicns later I knew that wasnt the case. I just recently went to a 70 series front tire and I know its not due to the tire. Maybe some suspension adjustment is needed? Maybe the road was to cold for good traction? (65 and over cast) Or maybe I had my ass to far back on the bike? Looking to yall for useful input like always.... Thanx yall are awesome!!!!
tire pressure, cold tires, old tires, suspension, dumping the throttle mid-turn, shitty road, gravel, road paint.

It could be any of those, its hard to say with out video.

Be careful out there!
:cheers

·
R-SEX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Psi up front is 30 cold.... The tires are near new and the road could have been better but by no means in bad shape at all. Did not dump throttle lol if anything I might have been opening up too much on the first case but not the second. Tires were warm for sure hell I had rubber peeling off when I got back to my pickup there after. Video would not of helped, this was a zero weight type of feeling in the bars. As if the went limp in my hands! LOL no other way to describe it lmao>

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
First question - have you set the static sag on the bike?

If no, do that first.

If yes, it sounds like the front end is just rising up as you get on the gas, which is somewhat normal. You could try adding some more rebound up front, or compression in the rear and see if that improves things.

What size tire were you running before if you're switching to a 70 series? As previously stated, that's what should have been on there in the first place.

·
BAUCE Racing Co-Founder
550 Posts
What kind of tires are you running?

the first things that came to mind were suspension and tire settings.
1. if your new front was over-inflated, especially if you were on the throttle, you would def get this light, uneasy feelin from the front if you were ripping.

MOST LIKELY it is your suspension tho.
1. you went to a bigger tire so your front is higher up than it was..transfering more weight to the rear. this will make an already poorly adjusted suspension respond worse. throw in some speed and you have a recipe for a lowside.

was your bike harder to turn in than it used to be?

if you have never had your suspension adjusted, find a reputable place and have them adjust the settings to YOUR weight on YOUR bike.

there are millions of how to's, but lets face it...for many people, this isnt a good option. if you have never done it yourself before, it it pretty easy to make your bike handle worse...or at the least, not as good and as safe as it should be.

spend the 45 bills and get the most you will ever get out of your bike. it sounds like the ass of your bike is soft or low, causing the bike to squat too low
in the back...and too high in the front.

also, make sure you have the whole suspension set up. some places will only do rebound and compression, but not sag or static sag and vise verse...do not let this happen!!!!!

do a search, learn some of the principals, and make sure whoever does your suspension covers all the bases!

i can speak with reasonable certainty that this suspension adjustment will change your whole tree house!
good luck buddy

·
R-SEX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No the sag has NOT been set. This I knew needed to be done! LMAO, a good shop is hard to find in or near my area. At the same time this is the first handling issue I have had. Also, this was the first time I can say I have seen some awesome improvements in my riding. I made an appointment with a shop two hours away to have it adjusted. See how that gos. Thanx yall for the help. Im out there to ride, period! Its Not my first show at fast, but for sure, is the fastest show I have ever rode!!! This requires patients, knowledge, practice and respect! Im just looking good advice and friends. Once again, thank yall for the help.:cheers:pimp:stupic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts