Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey bro's thanks for reading my thread, im having an odd issue with my flushmount blinkers. For starters I have a 2000 yzf-r6 that i'm doing a total custom build from the ground up. The rear blinkers are using normal bulbs but for the front i'm using led flushmount blinkers. Normally the problem I have is that the led blinkers blink way to fast so I add a resistor and everythings cool but that's not the case this time. The flushmounts are blinking at a normal rate but they are so weak that you can't tell there even working unless you look extra close. What in the world could cause this? It really doesn't make any sense, the problem is always just the fast blinking rate never a super weak light. The factory bulbs are 21 watts and the leds are only .5 watts. I've dbl checked and the regular bulbs work just fine just not the leds. I'm completely baffled so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did put them to the battery and they worked fine so i checked the front blinker wiring and found that it wasn't putting out 12volts. So i traced it back and found that the starter relay was getting 12v but only putting out 9v to the rest of the bike. I replaced it and everything works fine now. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts