Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put the flasher kit on my next bike but i recall seeing one on a site which flashes amber indicators in the brake lights.does anyone remember wot the site is

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Ya, I have the CustomLED piece. Nice piece and easy to install and wire up. The VFX kit looks nice as well. Both places offer exchange options on the kits where you send your light assembly in and they send you one that's been converted (I believe anyways). I have a vid of it if you want it. Hit me up on messenger at [email protected] and I'll transfer it to you. To big to email.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
penfold said:
Ya, I have the CustomLED piece. Nice piece and easy to install and wire up. The VFX kit looks nice as well. Both places offer exchange options on the kits where you send your light assembly in and they send you one that's been converted (I believe anyways). I have a vid of it if you want it. Hit me up on messenger at [email protected] and I'll transfer it to you. To big to email.
On top of that Bravo, if you also want to see the VFX in action, i can send you a clip of the turn signals and the hazard/lightning. Mind you though, for the DR.X, they don;t use amber lights for the signals but the red is still bright enough.

Mike

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice one ladz. customled is perfect,i'll add that to the list wen the ride comes

·
max speed
242 Posts
penfold said:
Ya, I have the CustomLED piece. Nice piece and easy to install and wire up. The VFX kit looks nice as well. Both places offer exchange options on the kits where you send your light assembly in and they send you one that's been converted (I believe anyways).
Hey penfold, I ordered this up too and did the conversion myself to save some money. Cost me $179 and I got the Gregg's flushmounts also at the same time for $110. Now that I have them all wired in and working they flash really rapidly. Do you know, or does anyone els know what I need to do to slow it back down to stock speed :?:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Mike is right. the load equalizer will slow them down. I also have 2 in-line load equalizers from Custom LED that I didn't use when I put the inserts into the flushmounts up front (click me). They told me that it would bring the flash rate under control again. I myself prefer the higher rate as I think it is more visible and more unique. If you'd like the load equalizers, PM me and we'll work something out. Besides, you're from my wife's neck of the woods so she'd be pissed if I didn't offer to hook you up. That is, provided I can find them. My garage is a mess!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Or you can go to your local auto parts store and spend $10 for a 12v variable load flasher relay. I believe the part# i got is a BUSS 232.

Just wire it in in place of the stock one and you're good to go. Although it does click, you don't hear it when bike is running.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had this problem and i posted it up a while back. One of the nice guys form VFX helped me out. this is what he gave me.

click here for the instructions and if you plan to do a whole bunch of other mods to your bike. theres a lot. i suggest everyone check it out especially dave since he wants to pretty up his bike for the pretty girls. Thanks me later :mrgreen: instructions

·
max speed
242 Posts
krysdafur said:
YAYO, did u get the Do-It-Yourself kit? if so....how long did it take u to put it in?
If you are talking about the custom LED tail light conversion, once you have the light assembly out of the bike it goes pretty fast. The hard part is getting the lense off. It says to use a dremal and cutting wheel but I just used an exacto knife and some ARMSTRONG power to get the job done :hammer unscrew the light board, cut some wires, use the suplied connectors, screw the new light board on and glue the lense back on :mrgreen: just make it a half day project and you should be fine :jump

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.