Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to purchasing a vfx kit pretty soon got a question on what i need. the website mentions a plug and play and then a do it yourself i believe. what is the difference between the two? i have a complete stock 04 r6 with stock oem tail lights still with the mudflap.

second question, why is the prices in canadian, what is the us msrp? anyone purchased vfx lately.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
okay for your first question, the "plug and play" model is like it states. you just unplug the stock tail light and plug in the vfx unit in. you could send it back and get a $125 credit i think, not sure on the refund. the "do it yourself" model you will need some type of dremel with a cut off blade to do it. take your tail light assembly off and cut the lense off at a certain section. then take the lense assembly and glue it to the unit from vfx. once the glue/epoxy dries just install that unit on your bike. i got the plug and play model. i didnt want to take a chance and **** up the lense.

for your second question, the company is based in canada. as far as prices go;
do it yourself kit $189 cad = $149.84 usd
plug and play kit $239 cad = $189.46 usd

if you do purchase this item dont forget to mention that you are a member of this forum and get 5% off. also check out there pivot kit as well.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The Intergrated kit from VFX is pretty stright forward if you get the plug n play. I didn't get the Do it yourself, because knowing my luck with cars/bikes i will F' it up. Surprise i didn't even F' up on the install of the plug n play. I got some pictures posted on this website with my pivot kit and the intergrated kit. just search for my name i'm sure you'll find it. If not PM i can't send you some pics

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vfx

second question installing the plug and play does it require me to cut the brake and turn signals wires and solder or is it just disc fron the quick disconnects and connecting back?

·
Registered
167 Posts
with that kit, the brake connect just like the stock wiring
and with the turn signal you just tap the stock turn signal
wiring with the vfx wiring. you can download their install manual
in their website.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
VFX comes with a well descripted instruction...you should have any problems

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
if i remember correctly you dont actually cut the wires. you just slice a piece of the plastic sheath from the wire and solder the wires on, then place some electrical tape on it. so actually its not a true plug n play. but i have no complaints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.