Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i bought the pivot kit with the blue leds. i finally got fed up with seeing flashing blue lights in my mirrors and getting pulled over. i just did my leds in rear pegs earlier and had a few extra red leds. so i took off the pivot kit. measured the diameter of the blue leds and its the same as my red ones, 5mm. i snipped off the wires to the blue leds and removed the leds. i soldered the new red ones on the wires. epoxied the red leds to the mounting hole. i also cut a small strip from a chrome sticker and placed it behind the "R6" on the pivot kit. this is to reflect the red light more to the license plate. bolted everything back up and now i have a pivot kit with red leds. it looks the same with the blue leds but, duh now its red. i like it now, cops dont turn on there blue lights. just something for you other guys out there who keep getting pulled over because of the blue leds.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Sucks to be your bro. I orginally had order the blue, and then I call back to get the white ones instead. I gotta say, I absoulty love the white LEDs...NO BLUE LIGHTS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts