Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a weird issue with 2011, like the thread title says when I brake lightly, like normal street riding stops or even just barely dragging the pads to drop a few mph, above about 35 mph the front end vibrates. I was thinking a warped brake rotor, but then it occurred to me that would be more likely to make the lever pulsate than the whole front end. It doesn't get any worse with higher speeds and doesn't much affect hard braking performance other than the initial shimmy being a bit off putting when braking down from high speed for a corner.

I recently replaced the head stock bearings.
Pads are Ferodo XRAC.
I have two front wheels with rotors but haven't had time to test by substitution yet. I'm concerned it a front end problem now rather than a simple warped rotor. Got any good news for me?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Either a warped rotor, loose headset, improperly aligned forks, or cupped/unbalanced tire.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Any of the above... also the way you make sure your forks are aligned is the axle should go through with zero effort. If you have to tap it a smidge the forks may be uneven. It doesnt matter if one sticks up 3mm more than the other... the important thing is your axle is parallel to the ground. :secret

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Any of the above... also the way you make sure your forks are aligned is the axle should go through with zero effort. If you have to tap it a smidge the forks may be uneven. It doesnt matter if one sticks up 3mm more than the other... the important thing is your axle is parallel to the ground. :secret
I think motion pro also makes an alignment tool to help.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Funny, because I seem to always have to pound that fcker OUT, but putting it in is a breeze. Agree with Steph though.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Funny, because I seem to always have to pound that fcker OUT, but putting it in is a breeze. Agree with Steph though.
Sounds like the last date I had with your mother....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
:laugh...Someone has mommy issues...
That same someone also had a similar date with your mother..... We're going out again when I come down your way in April. ;)

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Whatever works...What I don't know, can't hurt me (except aids).

Ok, enough mucking up dudes thread...:laugh
:D Speaking of mucking up......:sing

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
This fcking thread. :laugh

BTW, anyone want my mother's number to send some "can I tap that" messages to?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
This fcking thread. :laugh

BTW, anyone want my mother's number to send some "can I tap that" messages to?
Like i dont already have it.....:laugh

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol thread jack. Thanks for the advice guys. Gonna swap out the wheel tomorrow and test ride, I'll check the fork height alignment at the same time. No comment on sliding it easily in to anyone's mom, heh. :cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts