Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen this today ( hope its not a repost )

Seems like a newb panicked when he spotted some oil or leaves on the road going around the corner. He slows down, rides right over it, grabs the brake, locks it up an off he went .... and down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvA1gXXj_cs&feature=related

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
he thought he wasn't going to make the turn panic-ed and want down. if he would have came off the brakes he would have been fine

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
he panicked big time.

easy on the brakes big fella :)

·
iRun
33,319 Posts

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
i am kinda confused on what actually happened? did he space out and just not turn or what?

looks like he is wearing an alpinestars one piece, pretty expensive gear to wear if you cant ride for shit or are just learning... at least he probably looked cool while doing it :jacked

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am kinda confused on what actually happened? did he space out and just not turn or what?

looks like he is wearing an alpinestars one piece, pretty expensive gear to wear if you cant ride for shit or are just learning... at least he probably looked cool while doing it :jacked
Read the whole thread with everyone's opinion an you will get the drift lol The rider probably thought "Oh shit..." try'd to slow down an hopefuly go around the patch of leaves or oil .... but since he was a newb, he pretty much just panicked an grabbed alot of brake...went straight... an went off!!

Probably failed his MSF course lol

:stupic

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Ok, so here's a question with how to navigate obstacles like this in the road:

While I see that the rider obviously made an error in going straight off the side of the road, would an alternative way of maneuvering around be to grab some brake to slow down a bit, then steer around the obstacle?

I'm just reading a lot of people saying all he needed to do was lean. That's all well and good, but sometimes people just prefer to take it a little slower?

I'm admittedly still a noob. :bash

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
I'm still a noob, too. From looking at the video, I was wondering if there was a way to correct his mistake. Obviously hitting the brakes and taking the bike straight up was the mistake - but could he have leaned and given it gas to maybe pull back into the turn?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
that's a perfect example of someone riding above their head. some people shouldn't be on a motorcycle:dunce:

he panicked and target fixated on the side of the road instead of taking it cool and ride through it. chances are in your favor if you ride through something like that. never take the off road excursion.

I can't remember all the road debris and gravel I've made it through even in corners by riding straight through it without hitting my brakes.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts

at least he was smart enough to wear it. now he just needs some riding practice:lmao

1 - 20 of 33 Posts