·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice.

I would also like to add KEEP IN MIND, especially if you're in intermediate, there are people out there slower than you, and they're riding as hard as they can. So, watch coming into corners, especially hot ones, and brake a little more if needed, so you don't have to upright, try an outsdide line mid-corner, and fly into the sand.

On the same coin, if you feel like you're going slower in a corner than you could, DONT all the sudden change you line erratically to go tight on the apex..., someone behind you may think you've already taken your line, and is passing you on the inside.

(both from the same experience)

This could be a great thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was too busy looking and cursing the lap timer for not stoping when it should have. Next thing I know, oops! there goes my last brake marker, oops my rear tire is airborne, oops the road is ending. Crap! I hope I have enough time to slow down before hitting the wall! Thankfully, things worked out, I had the chance to take the bike off road...and managed to keep it on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ishp2005 said:
From Personal Experience (See Video)

DO: focus on the race line, break points, shift points, body position, apex and throttle control (See video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RY-oY0qZc

DON'T!!!: Start sight seeing at 120mph, look at the speedo or get pissed at the laptimer for not recording what may have been your fastest lap!!! (see video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDZGBacOEbs
Damn how did you slow down so fast on that grass without sliding out? Good brake control.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ishp2005 said:
I was too busy looking and cursing the lap timer for not stoping when it should have. Next thing I know, oops! there goes my last brake marker, oops my rear tire is airborne, oops the road is ending. Crap! I hope I have enough time to slow down before hitting the wall! Thankfully, things worked out, I had the chance to take the bike off road...and managed to keep it on 2 wheels.
Well I might as well go ahead and admit it, I laid my R6 down in the grass going much slower than you. I was cresting a hill on a country road that my buddies were taking me on. All the sudden after the crest it turns left and negative camber, target fixation, could not react/lean fast enough.....went into the shoulder (grass), grabbed too much front brake and layed 'er down in the grass...going WAY slower than you were going. Busted plastic mid fairing and a flooded bike later, I have learned the hard way. Changing the fouled plugs sucked. :curse

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Several times the front end felt like it was going to tuck in. Managed to keep it up. I wasn't so lucky earlier this year on that very turn. Went in way too fast, drifted onto the off camber side of the turn and low sided. I could have saved it, all I had to do was stand the bike up and run it off the track, but I was being too aggressive and leaned it more than the bike could give. The bike flipped, rolled and tumbled, a month later the bike was fixed and I was back on the track. The lesson learned, know the limits of your bike and what to do when you are getting close to the edge.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I have a buddy that did that in front of me. I was thinking are you planing on turning? dude! what the **** are you doing turn!!!!
off the track he went.
blamed it on target fixation. haha.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
blue03r6 said:
I have a buddy that did that in front of me. I was thinking are you planing on turning? dude! what the **** are you doing turn!!!!
off the track he went.
blamed it on target fixation. haha.
I've been in that situation before....being behind a buddy you know's runnin' into trouble...makes ya feel so damn useless don't it?! All you can do it watch and yell inside your lid...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts