Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
609 Posts
First time there, but I really liked it. I tried to get some video,

Hoping to try out some of the so cal tracks in the spring.

·
I'm an adrenaline junkie!
34 Posts

·
Track Time
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks awesome man! We were there the same day. I was on my 17 as well for the first time but I was in the C group.
I saw you rolling into the pits as I was heading out for the A group. The bike is perfect for that track isn't it.. hope you had fun out there.

did you watch any of the video I posted above? curious if you saw any different lines I'm taking from what you were riding.

·
34 Posts
I saw you rolling into the pits as I was heading out for the A group. The bike is perfect for that track isn't it.. hope you had fun out there.

did you watch any of the video I posted above? curious if you saw any different lines I'm taking from what you were riding.

Yeah man the bike awesome for the track. But I think I need to respring the suspension. How much do you weigh geared up and are you running stock suspension?
I saw the video I take pretty much the same lines as you.

·
Track Time
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah man the bike awesome for the track. But I think I need to respring the suspension. How much do you weigh geared up and are you running stock suspension?
I'm 150lbs, w/gear I imagine 163ish..
my bike is bone stock other than flash & QS/auto blip
my preload in the forks has been all the way out (lightest setting possible) and as you can see in the photo below taken that day at the track I was getting cold tear. This is because there was not enough weight on the front end, resulting in not enough heat in the tire. So since my preload was backed all the way out we are going to lighter fork springs. Going to get that done next week. If you need suspension work use Quinten, he's the best in town.

·
34 Posts
I'm 150lbs, w/gear I imagine 163ish..
my bike is bone stock other than flash & QS/auto blip
my preload in the forks has been all the way out (lightest setting possible) and as you can see in the photo below taken that day at the track I was getting cold tear. This is because there was not enough weight on the front end, resulting in not enough heat in the tire. So since my preload was backed all the way out we are going to lighter fork springs. Going to get that done next week. If you need suspension work use Quinten, he's the best in town.

I see. I weigh 200 without gear so I need to go to heavier springs for sure. I don't live in SD I'm in LA, so I have to use someone locally out here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts