Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
looking at buying a track bike and would like to verify I'm not purchasing anything stolen. Is there anyway to check for free or does someone here have the capabilities to do it for me?

VIN: js1gt76a962104136 (fixed)

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a repost. Will be picking up tomorrow if it works out.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Hmm I also have a similar request but didn't think it could be posted publicly....

If someone helps you out let me know :)

·
Work Hard, Play Hard
240 Posts
Make sure the title in hand matches the VIN printed on the bike. Call your local police department and give them the number and they can tell you if it's stolen or not usually, at least in the area. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
wow didnt know anything like that existed

anyone know if it actually works? like have a known vehicle with salvage title that was stolen, run vin and see if it actually pops up.

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking into the web site, I'm not gonna have it as my only source of verification. hoping to find more alternatives

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
I'll run it this afternoon for you. I have access to DCI/NCIC and can see if it's stolen for u.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
So... Ran that vin every way I can and it doesn't exist... Can you get clarification on it for me? A pic would be best...

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I was skeptical when buying my bike also because its title was from original ownder, and bike had gone through multiple owners after that guy, just noone registered it.

Anyways, atleast here in Texas,
If you take your vin# to the county tax assesor/collectors office, give them that vin they will tell you free of charge if the vehicle is listed as stolen or anything that comes up with that vin.

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like there was a mix up of the numbers/letters

Try: JS1GT76A962104136

It's been a track bike most of its life, so idk if it would affect its vin reading at all

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Big thanks to those that helped out. looks like the bike I'm planning on getting got stolen, was recovered, and was then converted to track. Will most likely make a thread when I get it.

You guys rock. Glad I'm a part of this forum!

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
looking at buying a track bike and would like to verify I'm not purchasing anything stolen. Is there anyway to check for free or does someone here have the capabilities to do it for me?

VIN: js1gt76a962104136 (fixed)

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a repost. Will be picking up tomorrow if it works out.
your local police department.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
wow didnt know anything like that existed

anyone know if it actually works?
I won't buy a used bike or anything with a VIN (like a motor) without checking first. I had a buddy drop $5k on restoring an old bike he purchased at a DEALER only to have it taken by the cops. Was stolen in another state years before. There wasn't a thing he could do about it and he got no money back for his restoration.

-D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts