Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about dropping my 03' r6 two inches. But I dont want to loose handling or not be able to do wheelies. Lowering the bike would just be more comfortable for me. Can I get some feedback of what you guys think??? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Hey bro, dont think I'm flamin ya, just givin facts
Lowering your bike WILL weaken your handling and it WILL weaken your ability to lift that front tire up...
The only thing lowering does for your bike is give you the look you desire, think about how much time and effort went into determining that ride height for the six, you change that and it affects so many other parts of the bike. I like the way lowered bikes look, but I wont do it to mine simply because I enjoy the handling advantage the R6 gives me over all the other bikes out there...hope this stirs some thoughts for ya

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I rode my boys GSXR the other day that was lowered and it felt comfortble. But at the same time I dont want to give up the handling.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
No problem man. Ya dude I enjoy bein able to cut up teh twiztiez! I'm sure you'll find yourself loving it too much to wanna drop it too once you get a few under yer belt:popcorn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can get it up on first but cant on second. And I am a little scared to try to cluth it up because it seems to me that you dont have as much control. What do you recommend?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I would recommend neither bro. I prefer going fast over viewing the sky :D
If I do a wheelie 99.9% of the time it was accidental and under very heavy acceleration. In second though, I usually have to be doin about 80, I'll force the front end down and rip the throttle back as the springs force the front end back up. But you didn't hear that from me ;)

·
Likes Long Rsex with his
216 Posts
i like the look of a lowered bike, but what you have to sacrifice for it... its not worth it to be completely honest... But to each their own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts