Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
dont get vortex sprockets, they are junk. my one friends only lasted a year then teeth started breaking off of it left and right
Im hoping mine do just fine lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
dont get vortex sprockets, they are junk. my one friends only lasted a year then teeth started breaking off of it left and right
That depends on how rough you are on them. If you are doing nothing but wheelies, then you will be adding more stress to the rear sprockets. They should last more then a year though. We have an R1 with 10,000 miles on the Vortex rear sprocket and it looks brand new still.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vortex sprokets are good in my opinon i have one on my 01 R6 i think it has held up just fine between wheelies and the track i havn't had a prob yet maybe that guys friend had a knock off lol :YEA

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
I have one of the 520 conversions from vortex on my bike and it has about 3000 miles on the sprockets, and they still look great. I am running a EK chain instead of the chain that comes with the kit, but I can tell you I used to have a driven rear sprocket on my ninja and it ate right up, and I switch it over to a vortex as well. I think you will be happy with it. I am not a fan of vortex from issues I had with one of there gas caps on my ninja, but I won't knock the sprockets.

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
i had a vortex aluminum sprocket & i wasnt satisfied w/ it. got chewed up in less than 5k but i guess i dont really like any aluminum sprockets so i went back to steel

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's what i have on my 04 R6 and I have had no problems out of them. As long as you take care of them they should last. I have about 7K on mine and they are still in good shape.

·
best used above 10,000rpm
296 Posts
vortex = yummy!

·
Registered
127 Posts
i got vortex front and rear and they both look knew and i ride my shit hard have about 10,000 on them and they still look almost brand new

·
I sold my R6
229 Posts
I had the vortex front and rear sprockets and r+k chain from sumofallparts on my honda. I was very happy with them while I had the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts