Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put on Vortex clip-ons with the stock upper triple clamp on my 03 R6. I did this for my suspension set up (I have increased my rear seat height 7mm and lowered the front (center of front axle to bottom of lower triple clamp) to 52cm as per my suspension guys guidelines). The problem is that the brake and clutch levers hit my race body work when I turn the bars very far either left or right. As a side note I have race plastics on the bike but do not know who made them.

Sooo, my question is this. Does anyone have this sort of setup with these bars and stock triple clamp and do you have to modify it to work with your body work? I know I could change out the clip-ons for ones that are adjustable but these really fit the way I sit on the bike. Also, I know there are aftermarket triples that "might" help. Can someone please input on this soon!?!!

Thanks,
Lionel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm, first off, I have nothing wrong with the suspension. Two, I changed the catagory of where this post should be to one that, I thought, was the more correct one. Third, I can post images but that really does not help answer the question. That question being, if anyone here on the forum who is racing 03 or compatible R6 with stock triple clamp, using Vortex clip-ons and race plastics, how do they get away with the clearance issue. And that being of the clutch and brake levers hitting the plastics when the wheel is turned to either the right or left?

Thanks,
Lionel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm, first off, I have nothing wrong with the suspension. Two, I changed the catagory of where this post should be to one that, I thought, was the more correct one. Third, I can post images but that really does not help answer the question. That question being, if anyone here on the forum who is racing 03 or compatible R6 with stock triple clamp, using Vortex clip-ons and race plastics, how do they get away with the clearance issue. And that being of the clutch and brake levers hitting the plastics when the wheel is turned to either the right or left?

Thanks,
Lionel

·
Registered
711 Posts
lrhall said:

Thanks,
Lionel
i have the same set up, and have no problems.

pics would help identify what the problem may be, instead of guessing what your problem is.

also why would you shim the rear and go down on the front? what time of riding do you do?

here is a pic if it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts