Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay her is the issue I purchased Vortex Clip ons and now there is an issue with the resivoir not fitting due to the after market parts....

If I create a new bracket, it will bump into the windshield..... I can turn left but turning right, is not working...

So what I am trying to do is see if there is a new location for the Resivoir or if there is an aftermarket resivoir that I would need to purchase to replace stock resivoir......

to give you an ex.

Think of a cup with a stick going thru it (Stock Clip ons)

Now think of same cup with a stick taped to the cup (vortex Clip ons)

pics attached...

Last pic is the Cup example

Attachments

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I ran into the same issue with a buddies bike with Vortex. Might have to trim down the bar some to make it work right, and get a longer hose for the Resivor

EDIT: My Graves Clip ons work great :sing

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Could buy a smaller cup.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
What year is your bike? Something doesn't look right.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
I just put on a set of WoodCraft clip ons. I got some clear 1/4" fuel line (from the auto parts store in the lawn mower section). 5/16" is the original size as it turns out, but the inner diameters of the fittings are smaller than the inner diameter of the hose, so it was fine. It was a tight fit and I used a small amount of lube to get the hose on the fittings and rotated the fitting on the master cyllinder. The tight fit made hose clamps unnecessary. I used an OEM bracket for the reservoir, BTW.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
I really like the look of that clear line, would be cool if you could do all the brake lines like that. I know it wouldn't be strong enough but it would look good.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
What also may be causing you problems is that most aftermarket clip-ons are designed to go under the top tripple clamp. I know that the Woodcrafts that I installed actually raise the bar (no pun intended) compared to the stock bars when installed on top. This may cause interference when turning lock to lock, but may be the position you want for comfort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts