Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own two 2002 R6s -- with a number of mods. We are interested in installing the Vortex gas cap and base. Does anyone have experience installing one? Quality? Looks? I guess it is self venting. Thanks for comments. Ditto questions on the Pro Tek part??

·
Riding his own ride...
4,723 Posts
The vortex gas caps are a good product. I have it installed on both of my bikes. We also don't get any complaints from customers about them. It's a solid product, but then again there isn't much to it. If you want a black gas cap them the harris gas cap looks a bit better, but other then that if you want colors vortex is probably the best imo. We sell several harris ones in black and there is a quality/finish difference in the black models. Harris all the way if you want a black gas cap.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i dont think that will be something i will ever invest in, a local guy got his bike back after it had been stolen because the thief couldnt put gas in it. i know that doesnt happen often, but once is enough for me, besides i like the way the stock one looks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts