Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just bought these for my bike and I'm looking for suggestions on where I should position the footpegs. Right now I've got them in what Vortex says is the stock position (see pic below of left/shift side). I'm not a racer but I'm doing track days pretty regularly. My bike is an '08 and I'm about 5'9" if that matters.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
i had them two up and two back, and that was too cramped for me and i'm 5'10".

like the above, you'll likely move them around a few times before you find the one that fits your style.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Numerous times around the block and you'll get your feel for them. Keeping adjusting until comfortable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
all the way up and all the way back. 6'3". comfortable for about 300 miles of spirited riding. after that things start to get a bit cramped.

if ground clearance isn't an issue, start low and towards the back and go from there. dragging a fixed position peg can ruin your day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I know I'll be moving them around I'm just looking for a good starting place for track riding. I've been riding it on the street with stock pegs since I got it so that feels comfortable for me right now. What I want to do is re-learn where I should be for track riding.

By the way, there isn't much room for movement unless I extend the reservoir hose. Anyone have pictures of what they've done to solve that problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the rear brake still work if you do that? How do you cap off the tube without it leaking?

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
the rear brake still works, since there is still fluid in the lines and the little piece of tubing. I have seen people use cork or plastic rod. they then use a small hose clamp to lock the cap in place. the trick is to use a clear tube so you can see how much fluid is in there.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
the rear brake still works, since there is still fluid in the lines and the little piece of tubing. I have seen people use cork or plastic rod. they then use a small hose clamp to lock the cap in place. the trick is to use a clear tube so you can see how much fluid is in there.

:yes, most race bikes are that way. For the pegs, try to move it around till you feel the most comfortable, raising it up helps leaning a bit more, that's from my personal experience though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts