Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the Vortex rearsets, the rear brake practically doesn't have any "feel" to it and feels very wooden. I usually don't use the rear brakes while riding so it's not a big deal.

I mostly use it during stop and go traffic.

Any solutions or suggestions? I tried adjusting the length of the adjusting rod on the rear brake master cylinder but it feels the same regardless of the position.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sometimes aftermarket rearsets require a return spring to return the brake to the unengaged position. Could that be the issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
After installing the Vortex rearsets, the rear brake practically doesn't have any "feel" to it and feels very wooden. I usually don't use the rear brakes while riding so it's not a big deal.

I mostly use it during stop and go traffic.

Any solutions or suggestions? I tried adjusting the length of the adjusting rod on the rear brake master cylinder but it feels the same regardless of the position.
I just installed these rearsets onto my R6 and have the exact same issue. They're either on or off in terms of braking. There is no gradual feel anymore and it's very hard to press the lever.

A return spring wouldn't help, as it wouldn't be strong enough. I'm thinking it might be a design fault? I never use the rear brake either, but would like it to work like the stock lever in an "ohh shit moment".

Does anyone have a fix for this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts