Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh man guys i'm a newb and i just bought a new 08 R6S and took it out and immediately pegged redline and smoked a corvette man i went like 150 mph then weaved through traffic and passed big rigs on the shoulder

sike. first impressions last forever right? actually i'm a 1st year grad student at Virginia Tech. i did in fact just buy a new '08 R6S yesterday. it's the first bike i've actually owned, but i'm familiar with 600cc sportbikes. i'm definitely in love with it after only 38 miles. if anyone on here is in blacksburg hit me up, i'd definitely like to find a few riding buddies. anyways you're probably tired of reading now so i'll just post the sexiness.

no mods. sorry but i like the looks of the R6S better than the new R6. they're both amazing though.

that's my introduction. i've done some research through this website so i'd like to start off with a thank you to the gurus. i'm sure i'll be speaking with you again. take it easy ya'll.

·
mine is better than yours
664 Posts
welcome, and nice bike man. r6 or r6s, doesnt matter. the only mods you need is extra miles! :toocool: (although, fast stuff is fun too :sing)

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
welcome man! i gotta say that was pretty funny. but yeah i got a guy in my platoon whos from there. got all them gay hokies flags and shit. lol GO BLUE!!! he's from gladespring. close to abingdon. and his brother lives in christiansburg. maybe u know where thats at. i dont know.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
well it sounds like you have a handle on that thing already bein able to do all that racin around!! haha. nice intro. welcome to the club!! just remeber to respect that bike especially with it being your first, the first time you dont, it'll bite you in the ass!! good luck though, keep us informed on how you're making out. as stated before, the best mod is miles :YEA

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm definitely ordering frame sliders, especially being new to the scene. i tried to have them put on when i bought the bike but they were out. the dude said (saturday morning) "would you like me to order sliders and keep the bike til monday?" the answer was obviously "hellllll no"

the sun is shining so i think i'll go work on that "more miles" mod right now.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts