Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Price tag on that is pricey im sure.

Almost has the power of a 750, something I'd shoot for after I rack up miles on my R6s

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts

Not entirely sure if this is the same bike/manufacturer, but I like. I saw this at Barber a few years back...definitely caught my eye. If what's posted above is a newer version of this, and it weighs 300lbs...wow. Just, wow. :eek5

·
EMT/FF/Rider
1,560 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Nice example of how we can get away from forks.

I'm pulling for it :fact

·
I Eat Pussy.
137 Posts
If that is what sportbikes look like in 10-20 years, I guess I am sticking with the 2006-2011 bikes. I think the sexiest bikes ever are the 2004-2008 Yamaha R1, and the 06+ R6

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
It's similar in some respects to what is considered one of the greatest bikes ever built:

the Britten:

The front end is different, but the Britten does not use forks either. BMW has used in the past a very similar version of the Vyrus front end. the unusual designs actually work very well and over come a lot of the conventional forks short comings. The problem is looks, practicality ( cost ) and overall performance. The conventional fork design works very well and is a little more cost effective at the moment.

The more bizarre front ends reduce things like brake dive, the steepening of rake when the fork is compressed and other things that occur when the forks are compressed. The issues that come from the more unique suspension ideas are, increased cost of construction, added weight and more moving parts. It's not that it doesn't work better, or worse, it's just that the conventional front end works very well, looks good and is cheaper top make.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Luke, how does the front of that suspend? It looks rigid, at least at first glance. I suppose it could be constructed of carbon fiber in which case there would be some flex - but that could still make for a rought ride.

I'm sure I'll google it in a few :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts