Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys.. i picked up a leo vince full system exhaust and a PCV.. now i'm getting it tomorrow but was wondering is it easy to install? i did my research and everything and it seems easy.. any tips? ahha

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
when you take off the stock header dont lose the copper gaskets. A small dab of some high temp silicon will hold them in place for the reinstall of the new parts.

Also if you have the tools and the know how i would recommend soldering the TPS wire from the PCV to the blue wire on the Factory harness. Other than this it should be a pretty straight forward upgrade.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
The exhaust on a scale of 1 to 5 is a .5, you'll spend more time removing the fairings to get at the system then removing and installing the system. It's that easy....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahah ill make sure i post some pictures when i get them.. i've been waiting a week and i cant sleep!!!

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I understand the excitement, when I bought my full leo and bazzaz setups I was stoked. As for the exup ish I have no clue, I had a slip on, on the bike when I bought it. I haven't gotten down to that area of the bikes wiring yet to clean up. Still working on the finishing touches to the bazzaz and controls related stuff.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
If you want a good idea how to install it go to the yoshimura-rd.com website and look up a full exhaust for your model of bike. It will be the same thing for the Leo :) Yosh probably has the best instructions on the market. This will give you a good idea as to what you're in for. It's not hard at all. You may want to get the graves exup elim as well.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
and for the exup?
If you didn't get an EXUP eliminator plug, then you will just disconnect the cables from the EXUP valve and tie them up out of the way. Leave the motor and everything hooked up.

I'd get the plug though, so you can remove the motor and everything, save some more weight and clean things up some more. I got my Graves EXUP eliminator plug from MJS Performance:

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
"waiting for my package"

that's what she said. :D

as for the install - it's a joke. maybe a 4 beer'er. there are a couple install threads floating around here too - see if you can find them. they helped me a little b/c the directions suck and i didn't wanna screw anything up. good luck man.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
When you get done...youll be amazed on how easy it was...:fact

Did you get smog block off plates as well? If not, Id look into a set because while youre in there installing the PCV, removing the AIS is that much more of an easier project:fact

·
R6
135 Posts
I found taking all of the old stuff and EXUP motor and fishing the wiring out was the hardest part (hopefully i never have to put that stuff back in). Lifting the gas taking and tucking the old wires up w/ the exup eliminator, etc...

The only other thing that was difficult was getting the O2 Sensor in. The wire was a bitch to pull enough slack to get the sensor in. Thought I was going to break it. I pulled it enough to get the first thread to catch and then just screwed it in.

I had a buddy helping (drinking) so I'm not sure what it would be like with one person.

Other than that, the system is a pretty snug fit but once you get it, it fits like a glove.

Try not to scratch the carbon can when you put the hanger on. There's no clear coat on it. And keep it cleaned and waxed so it doesn't turn yellowish from road grime. And take the quiet baffle out with a broom handle before you put the can on.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
ok guys.. i picked up a leo vince full system exhaust and a PCV.. now i'm getting it tomorrow but was wondering is it easy to install? i did my research and everything and it seems easy.. any tips? ahha
Have you been able to install and tune it? My question to you, how do you like the sound? :popcorn:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts