Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new I'll admit, I know jack about bikes I'm VW guy I have a supercharged Corrado G60 and I'm restoring a 67 Karmann Ghia. I am reading a lot, I joined the forum to get the scoop. But what should I look out for when buying a new bike, meaning do bike dealers try to screw you like car dealers??? Where the heck are the threads on "buying a new bike"???

Spanks a million :boob

·
Registered
34 Posts
dealer invoice for an r6 is around $6800 - that was for the 04 not sure on the 05. considering most dealers don't sell many bikes they aren't as willing to deal for cheap as car dealers are. considering it's brand new and it's hot look for higher prices. i'd pay ~$7300.

·
Registered
786 Posts
For all you Canadian guys who happen to come across this thread, the canadian cost of the bike (no markup) is a staggering $7932.80 ..... thats wait I paid for mine thanks to a hookup from a factory racer.... he quit racing and sold both his would-be transformed into racing bikes off... the one went to me :boob :boob

That said, don't be taken by the MSRP of $11,599 or whatever it is .... especially if you don't have that kinda money upfront and are thinking of financing....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm

So you are saying that I should insult them by asking 7300 when the Raven bone stock will be 8,499??? I think I'd get slapped, or are you talking about the 04's???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else

Ok well since the 05 has more goodies on it I'm sure the dealer price is more than 6,800, maybe not that much though. Anyways will they sell quick compared to the 03,04 models?? The dealer said he is only going to get about 4 R6 Ravens in Nov and that I should put down a deposit. I am in Cali so I'm sure there are lots of dealers, is the chance I won't get an R6 Raven huge if I wait till Dec/Jan????

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
lets just put it this way, some dealers are willing to sell the bikes for less then MSRP, and some wont (mainly cause they know theres alot of people that will pay full price) so you just need to go around and talk to some dealers and see what kinda deal they will make for ya :cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Yeah the 05's will be hot, well if it happens it was meant to be if not I'll get an 04 I guess.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wow, 8 large for a brand new bike CDN. I paid just under 11,000 said and done, but only a few weeks after i bought it, there were none left. I guess they can get away with charging us that. It's sick paying that much, and then seeing a gixxer sitting next to it ( :throwup ) for 8xxx becasue it's last years model. Last i checked, it's still sitting there. But as everyone knows, the six is the only bike that matters :cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re: Anyone else

1967ghia said:
Ok well since the 05 has more goodies on it I'm sure the dealer price is more than 6,800, maybe not that much though. Anyways will they sell quick compared to the 03,04 models?? The dealer said he is only going to get about 4 R6 Ravens in Nov and that I should put down a deposit. I am in Cali so I'm sure there are lots of dealers, is the chance I won't get an R6 Raven huge if I wait till Dec/Jan????
Where in Cali are you located? Here in SoCal dealers like to rip people off because the demand is huge. When I started to look around for my 2004 R6 I was getting prices like $9,5+ OTD...

Needless to say I didn't pay their inflated prices. If you're in Socal PM me and I'll tell you where not to get ripped off...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Anyone else

Yeah I'm in Orange County, damn I changed my mind and figured I'd get an 04 R6 but there are no more left supposedly. So damn I don't know if I want/can afford an 05. I mean I can but then my other auto projects will take even longer to finish.

Anyways I would appreciate any info, I do want a bike but I didn't think I'd have to put a deposit down now to even have a chance at getting an 05. I really never knew bikes were that popular and hard to obtain. PM sent.

xtopher said:
Where in Cali are you located? Here in SoCal dealers like to rip people off because the demand is huge. When I started to look around for my 2004 R6 I was getting prices like $9,5+ OTD...

Needless to say I didn't pay their inflated prices. If you're in Socal PM me and I'll tell you where not to get ripped off...

·
Registered
416 Posts
i wouldn't pay ne more than 6900(plus tax,tag,title,ect; which ended up around 7900) for a 04 ..
i just bought mine about a month ago .. mid september is best time i think
cuz at the end of september they were ordering their 05's ...
but i live in North carolina and i check all the dealers here, check in ur area....
for an 05 i wouldn't pay more than 7300 (8300 otd)

$uha$[/code][/quote]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shoot I was trying to find some 04's but everyone says they are sold out, maybe some money will make them find one. Anyways, what does OTD mean?? I would shit if they took 8300 for an 05, I'd hope they'd take 8500 for the raven. Thanks for the info though, got any pics of yours??

·
Registered
76 Posts
$8500-8700 will be a decent price to pay OTD(out the door). This OTD price should put the bike at $7999 + taxes(depending on your state's tax rate and reg. fees). I think if people wait they will come down on the prices. Plus, buyers will just have to call around to get the best price. Like some people said, some dealer are jerks and won't come off the MSRP or even add money to the MSRP, because they know there are some buyers that will pay it. I like my money to much to give it all to them. Also, I don't think this '05 R6 is going to be as hot as everyone is making it out to be. I have yet to see every dealer sell out of the any R6 before the next year's model comes out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info Murph, yeah I think that would be a good price too. I'm like you I won't give my money away either, I have not called all the dealers around me just 4. Still working and debating on my financial standings, hopefully I can afford it without taking away from my other rides. Thanks again

murphy80 said:
$8500-8700 will be a decent price to pay OTD(out the door). I have yet to see every dealer sell out of the any R6 before the next year's model comes out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts