Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WANTED: Flash-Tune File

Long story short, I finally got Flash-Tune to work on a borrowed ECU (that took way too long) and so far I am unimpressed with the horsepower losses on their built in files. I'm looking to buy someones Flash-Tune file that they have put some time into. About to give up on this project since I have put too much time into it already, so this is my last ditch effort before throwing the cable in the fire.

I'm looking for a good solid RACE file for an 06/07 r6 for the most updated version of FT 2.0.1.2. I am NOT looking for mapping, as I will be dyno tuning the bike soon. If you would like to sell yours, email me a price and what you have done to the file to make race/hp gains. [email protected]

Thanks!

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
flashing a box isn't going to give a bike massive hp gains. a few up top due to the unrestricted butterflys is worth a couple hp and that is assuming you remap for it. The rest of flashing has to do with the etv table that controls how the butterflys open in relation to your hand turning the throttle (which is just a "ridability" thing not big hp), higher idle, loose the engine light if you remove the exup valve, engine braking changes (how the injectors shut down when you roll off), etc.
chiefsmokedawg on here, www.bauce-racing.com is who i have do my boxes. and i have had em done years ago, in 2007, by jettuning, so i know what the race bike feels before/after. This isn't like a 5hp gain you see adding race fuel or something.

·
VeloxRacing - FTecu Disti
22 Posts
You will only get the maximum benefit out of Flash-Tune by dyno tuning the bike, adjusting the induction/ignition/fueling on a dyno so buying a file off someone is only going to get the settings for their engine, and all engines are different.

When I do customers bikes by mail (I run veloxracing.com) I use generic files that we created on a dyno and advise customers that if they want 100% power out of their bikes then they should buy a cable (and not use my mail in service) and get a custom map done to their bike. Some people do not have access to a dyno or have a need to get the last bhp out of it and are more than happy with our generic maps.

So if I were you I would just use the de-restricted map for your bike and tune the rest on a dyno.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts