Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
12,482 Posts
For $40-$50, you can get an HID kit... Much cheaper than the PIAA. IDK how much the Sylvania bulbs cost, but I know it's more than $30 most likely.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Yeah, bulbs fit in just fine. I did the lazy way, drilling the covers. There is a how-to on routing the wires through the housing.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Another option is to go LED instead of HID. Olypus Offroad has some really nice LED bulbs w/ ballast. Now, I dont know how they will fit in the bike, but a lot of guys run them in Cherokees and the light output is seriously better than stock and right there with HID.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'm going to go HID, I bought the PIAA plasma GT-X bulbs and they are crap. Stock is brighter..

Im going to order from - http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-and-Components .

Which kit do I go with?

I know nothing about this. I still want the function of both Low/High beams.
I want brighter high beam and somewhat brighter low beam.

Someone Point me to the right kit. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you can switch on and off your high beams?
Just a question, What would going with the 55w do?

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Correct, there is a high beam switch on the left clip on. 55W will be brighter, and run hotter. Might need a harness addon so it doesn't burn up the stock wiring. Trust me though, the 35W is way bright. I couldn't imagine running a 55W, it would just piss people off. I adjusted my high beam down a bit and run both at the same time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
ok, I can use the bikes stock headlight switch for the high/low.
Bear with me, Trying to understand more..
I wonder if the 55w has a brighter lo and high or just high.
I'm kinda tempted for the 55w if Only the high gets the 55wats.

Is there a big difference between the hi/lo your running?

Quote from DDM on the link you posted.
•3,200- 3,400 Lumens per bulb at 35 Watt and an astonishing 5,000 Lumens per bulb at 55 Watt
•HID wiring harness is recommended for all 55W (Except High / Low) kits and selected specific applications

So if I happen to go with the 55w it should be ok with the wiring..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Correct, there is a high beam switch on the left clip on. 55W will be brighter, and run hotter. Might need a harness addon so it doesn't burn up the stock wiring. Trust me though, the 35W is way bright. I couldn't imagine running a 55W, it would just piss people off. I adjusted my high beam down a bit and run both at the same time.
how did you adjust your high beam lower?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts