Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is warming up and the bikes are coming out is anyone interested in getting out on the road this coming weekend or during the week?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Warm!!! Right now it's Hotter than Hell....

Anyway, I live out in Ladson and when my wife an I ride, we usually ride downtown to the Battery.

Yesterday, one of my buddies that I work with left the new Boeing plant by the airport, and hit 526 to West Ashley, went through downtown and headed to Mt. Pleasant. Jumped back on 526 to Rivers, to Goose Creek. Nice little ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, I rode to the Battery when I went home to visit. I take HWY 17, which is a straight shoot there. I might visit again this weekend or next month. I was just trying to find some fun rides, cause I got use to riding up in the mountains in ga and enjoying the curves lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a ride to Beaufort yesterday, all together about 200 miles round trip, great ride, beautiful weather, even hit Toogadoo Rd. on the way back.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Did a ride to Beaufort yesterday, all together about 200 miles round trip, great ride, beautiful weather, even hit Toogadoo Rd. on the way back.
you suck :mad:

Had great weather all weekend and I didn't even get a chance to pull mine out of the garage. Wanted to ride mine to work today, but was having a new computer delivered to work so had to take the truck. supposed to be nice the rest of the week so hopefully I'll be riding.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Warm!!! Right now it's Hotter than Hell....

Anyway, I live out in Ladson and when my wife an I ride, we usually ride downtown to the Battery.

Yesterday, one of my buddies that I work with left the new Boeing plant by the airport, and hit 526 to West Ashley, went through downtown and headed to Mt. Pleasant. Jumped back on 526 to Rivers, to Goose Creek. Nice little ride.
I was down in charleston two weeks ago for work and it was hot as hell. So humid it destroyed by Blackberry (no joke just got my new one). I dont know how you guys are riding down there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was down in charleston two weeks ago for work and it was hot as hell. So humid it destroyed by Blackberry (no joke just got my new one). I dont know how you guys are riding down there.
The humidity is no joke, especially sitting in traffic with a helmet on. I had a friend lose his cell the same way.

You don't see too many riders when you have a heat index of 110, with 100% humidity.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Now that it's starting to warm up who all is going to be out riding in the next week or two... I go to college in Charleston and I've got the bike here.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I should be. I have to get a new back tire first, then I'll be good to go. Which College are you at? C of C or another?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Most of the time when I just go on little short rides I do the IOP loop. Charleston over through mt. pleasant over to IOP then sullivans island and back up to charleston. n8tiv are there any R6ers or bike buddies you have in Charleston? I gotta get away from this damn Citadel.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There are a few around, but I have not met any yet. I used to ride with a guy that had a F4i, but he moved to West Ahsley so we don't ride as much now. They other guy I usually ride with has a Busa, but we has been working 60/70 hours a week out at the new Boeing plant so we don't get to ride that much. Then, my wife has a CBR900, but I'm currently in the process of stripping the fairings to paint them and doing some work on the motor.

My short rides usually are from Ladson to Goose Creek, down Rivers to the Battery downtown. I've done the IOP loop, but we came from Moncks Corner, down 41 (I think) to 17, down IOP, then to downtown, then back up 26.

What days do you usually ride? My wife works on Saturdays and I have the kids, so Late Saturdays or on Sundays is usually when I ride. And during the week, it all depends on what I have going on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey I'm new to the area(been here a year and just getting my bike out here with me). I have a pretty busy schedule, I work 2 jobs and am a full time student, but once i get my bike finished and back on the road I'll be looking for some folks to ride with and places to ride. I'm in Goose Creek but to me there is nowhere to far to ride. When I was out in Atlanta we would hit the mountains and do like 400 or 500 miles every Sunday.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey I'm new to the area(been here a year and just getting my bike out here with me). I have a pretty busy schedule, I work 2 jobs and am a full time student, but once i get my bike finished and back on the road I'll be looking for some folks to ride with and places to ride. I'm in Goose Creek but to me there is nowhere to far to ride. When I was out in Atlanta we would hit the mountains and do like 400 or 500 miles every Sunday.
Where at in GC? I live in the College Park area, right on the other side of Crowfield.

You say get you bike finished, whats wrong with it? Might be able to help out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where at in GC? I live in the College Park area, right on the other side of Crowfield.

You say get you bike finished, whats wrong with it? Might be able to help out.
I live out on the corner of redbank and north rhett. Nothing wrong with her got it at a friends place, we are putting new tires on her (Q2's)(rear tire done waiting for time to do front) new chain and sproket (-1,+2 with 520 conversion)(speedodrd)(sprokets on just need to get chain on). Need to do oil change, bleed breaks, spark plugs, air filter and coolant. Also the bike has sat for a year so gonna drain bad gas and get some fresh stuff in her. Just running into time issues. With how much i work its hard to get time to get out there. Since hes helping out(doing most of the work and teaching me) I'm on his scheduel so its hard to get out there to do work. I dont have days off most weeks and when i do they dont line up with his. He does not have garage space to work inside so makes it difficult. I have to request 3 weeks in advance to get a day ofuf. Hoping we can get her done in the next 2 weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts