Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need know what you guys do in the warmer weather as far as gear.
Hell its not even hot out yet, but warm enough that every time i go for a cruze with my gear (helmet, icon mesh jacket, & golves) by the time i get where im going my shirt is ringing wet/sweaty.

I sure like wearing all my gear on but damn, so how do you deal with this?
And no im not over weight or anything.

:popcorn:

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Check out the alpinestars bionic protector 2, there are also some others out there like it, you can peep em all on kneedraggers.com

For pants I pimp the Icon recon pants, they breathe pretty well

Hope this helps dude!

That bionic protector is WONDERFUL for hot days, but man will you feel cold if you ride into the night! :D

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I think there are 'cooling vests' you can wear underneath your leathers but I do not know how well they work.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
just throw on a beater, some khakis, flip flops, and a basball hat turned backwards (so it dont blow off). Oh and dont forget eye protection: sunglasses. you should be good to go then. just have some sun block on though. if you get hot still, just ride real fast and the wind should cool you off. :nocontrol

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
Joe Rocket Yamaha Textile, Jeans, Lugz (some Alpinestars riding boots when I save up :D ), Joe Rocket Air Force Mesh Leather gloves, and helmet.

The jacket has nice vents (2 on each side behind the front pockets, and on each bicep to keep the Guns from overheating :lmao ) that keep the air flowing in while riding - when sitting at a light I cook but it doesn't bother me. Ride Safe.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
just throw on a beater, some khakis, flip flops, and a basball hat turned backwards (so it dont blow off). Oh and dont forget eye protection: sunglasses. you should be good to go then. just have some sun block on though. if you get hot still, just ride real fast and the wind should cool you off. :nocontrol
see it all the time. It's kind of funny to see and stupid to do. I've been out of high school for a few years now and it's kind of annoying to see all of the guys a couple years younger then me with bikes. I can count atleast 20 people that just picked one up this year and probably only 5 of them have ever rode anything in their life.

·
Healed.
1,084 Posts
I need know what you guys do in the warmer weather as far as gear.
Hell its not even hot out yet, but warm enough that every time i go for a cruze with my gear (helmet, icon mesh jacket, & golves) by the time i get where im going my shirt is ringing wet/sweaty.

I sure like wearing all my gear on but damn, so how do you deal with this?
And no im not over weight or anything.

:popcorn:
and does your screen name refer to (what they call) the bum wine MD 20/20 :nocontrol ?

:cheers love that stuff, haven't had one in quite some time, haven't found a store close by that has them :lmao

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I sometimes take an extra shirt in a backpack if I know I'm going to be out doing things, otherwise I just deal w/the heat as I don't like to ride w/o the gear.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
i wear a black dainese one piece suit with suomy helmet, alpinstart GP tech gloves and daytona boots with a dainese back protector with some warm weather under armor, in up to 115 degree heat.

wtf are you complaining about

1 - 9 of 9 Posts