Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
be careful with 2003 R6 rims they bend very easily and rumour has it they are slighty out of sink brand new!!!!!!!!!

leave them stoppies out if i were you!!!!!!

and if your pants at wheelies..........

·
Registered
995 Posts
nice one dazz, there r machines that can straighten them right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are people who can fix them but it's not so good if you keep straightening them! they'll probably crack after a bit!!!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was thinking that the only hazard to weak rims would be nailing a curb, or something like that. I couldn't imagine a stoppie, or a wheelie could bend a rim either.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a little dent in my front wheel. But considering the pothole it went through (bike was pretty much airborne) very little damage...
I wouldn't worry too much about the wheels of the 03.

·
Registered
494 Posts
miraclegrau said:
I was thinking that the only hazard to weak rims would be nailing a curb, or something like that. I couldn't imagine a stoppie, or a wheelie could bend a rim either.
Exactly... the tire would dampen any shock... I would think anyway...

·
Registered
41 Posts
YaYoGakk said:
I wouldn't worry too much about the wheels of the 03.
:stupic
i think that the wheels are a bit stronger than that
i've got a friend he's driving a r6 from januari 03
and he is driving more on 1 wheel than 2 and he has no problems with his wheels

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do you have any idea the amount of force it would take to bend a rim? Certainly a lot more than putting a wheel back down. Sounds more like something my friend would say when I ask him why he doesn't do wheelies.

As for being out of sink. I've had my '03' up to 260 for over 1km without the any wheel vibration. Your more likely to have out of sink tyres than rims.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm just passing on a message from our shops wheel straightener and he says hes had loads in and has spoken to plenty of people about it..... i would say he knew what he was on about - wouldn't you........?

it's up to you guys any way i just can't afford to keep repairing them and with racing in such a competitive class if it takes me to stop doin tricks to gain that extra safer thou of a second to help be more competitive then i'm sure as hell gonna do it.......!

the dazzler

1 - 14 of 14 Posts