Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just call Yamaha Customer Relations (800) 962-7926 for more information about Yamaha warranty.

Here's the facts:
1. You can use any different oil brand, doesn't matter whether its synthetic or not, as long as the oil is API service SG type or higher, JASO standard MA then it will not void your warranty.
2. You can change to synthetic oil right away for the first service and it will not void the warranty.
3. You don't have to bring your bike to Yamaha Dealer. You can change the oil/do the service in any shop or you can also do it yourselves and it will not void the warranty. All you have to do is keep the receipt (oil/service receipt) for warranty purposes.
4. You can install full system exhaust/PC or anything else in your bike and it will not void the warranty as long as you install it right/tuned it right/proper way.
5. As long as your modification is not related to the problems that your bike having then it will not void your warranty.

Any other questions?:popcorn:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Don't confuse me with the facts!

I love conspiracy theories... *My wife(or friends) will tell me something "blankity blank is blankity blank, crazy right"... I just say I don't believe it. It's amazing what people believe because someone heard it somewhere... I like facts that come from people who actually know rather than hear.

*Not that my wife is overly gullible she usually doesn't argue the point if it just something she heard...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I don't trust the girl at first, that is why I called for the second time which is a guy who answer it and he said he own an R6 too :)
He also said the same thing about those facts lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
Jaja... Great calling back that was something I was gonna mention, with cell phone warranty stuff it depends on who answers the phone and was curious if it was the same kinda thing... For stuff like this I'm gonna start recording my phone calls(lol) so I can hold companies accountable for what their people say... Good lookin out!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaja... Great calling back that was something I was gonna mention, with cell phone warranty stuff it depends on who answers the phone and was curious if it was the same kinda thing... For stuff like this I'm gonna start recording my phone calls(lol) so I can hold companies accountable for what their people say... Good lookin out!
Yeah that is a great idea! I already have both of their information but I will call them one more time and record it :p Do you think I can upload it here? lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
Jaja, if nothing else save the file on youtube... be careful, if they don't know you're recording its illegal where I'm from...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jaja, if nothing else save the file on youtube... be careful, if they don't know you're recording its illegal where I'm from...
Yeah, I will say this first "In order to make sure that everything you say is true and you're not lying your call may be recorded for security purposes :)"

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
I just call Yamaha Customer Relations (800) 962-7926 for more information about Yamaha warranty.

Here's the facts:
1. You can use any different oil brand, doesn't matter whether its synthetic or not, as long as the oil is API service SG type or higher, JASO standard MA then it will not void your warranty.
2. You can change to synthetic oil right away for the first service and it will not void the warranty.
3. You don't have to bring your bike to Yamaha Dealer. You can change the oil/do the service in any shop or you can also do it yourselves and it will not void the warranty. All you have to do is keep the receipt (oil/service receipt) for warranty purposes.
4. You can install full system exhaust/PC or anything else in your bike and it will not void the warranty as long as you install it right/tuned it right/proper way.
5. As long as your modification is not related to the problems that your bike having then it will not void your warranty.

Any other questions?:popcorn:
It amazes me when some dealers try to play you by saying some of the above will void your warranty if it's not done at a authorized dealer. Many people fall for it and spend big $$$ at a dealer. Not saying dealers are bad, but some of the prices they charge are unreal.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Just like car warranties... Some people just fall for it.

The thing is, when it comes to mods, it's your word against there and sometimes turns into a hassle which you might not want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts