Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm buying a 2008 R6 next month and I'm wondering if i should buy any warranty packages from the stealership? i mean is it useful... and also does New Yamaha bikes come with a warranty off the lot or what?

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
brand new bikes come w/ a 1 year from purchase date warranty. shit starts 2 break about 15 days after warranty expires. but they have extended warranties u can buy.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Only 1 year. With the updated model I would get it. I bought mine in 05 brand new and a 4 year extended warranty so I am covered till 2010. 600 bucks for 48 months is only 12.50 a month for it.

·
Rotten Hot Sweat Balls
509 Posts
Be sure to read and understand the warranty. Depending on what mods you decide to do to your bike over the time you own it may void the warranty, thus making the extra money spent on it worthless.

If you are not thinking about doing any engine or computer mods to your ride I would say get it. Keep in mind that when you first get your bike these are things that are not on many peoples minds so much, but over a short amount of time may want to change such items.

Wasting money sucks!

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the help... ill probly stick with the extened warranty, my plan as of now is not to do any sophisticazted mods to it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts