Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Got In The Mail That My Warranty Is Coming To An End..is It Worth It To Buy The Extended Warranty For 4 Years $600???even With The Mods Listed In My Sig??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a bit up in the air myself on the extended warranty. I've got until next year to decide, but I'm inclined to go with it. The labor alone on even a minor repair would probably run you $600 at least.

So far, I haven't seen evidence that the R6 is anything less than bulletproof but all it takes is once.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am afraid not to!!but i also dont want to spend the money if i dont have to!!..i think most places around where i live would probably deny me of warranty due to the couple things i have done!!i know this because they are pricks!!

·
Get on it
321 Posts
i blew the transmission up in my 07 about 3 weeks after the normal warranty went out. i am glad i had the extended warranty. i did have 17,000 hard miles on it though.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
i am afraid not to!!but i also dont want to spend the money if i dont have to!!..i think most places around where i live would probably deny me of warranty due to the couple things i have done!!i know this because they are pricks!!
I work in the car business and most of the warranties we sell are bullshit. I wouldnt ever buy and aftermarket warranty. From what I understand they are very picky on what is claimable on sportbike warranties also.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its always a chance to not have a warranty...but sometimes u never use it thats just how it works. If you have been riding the bike hard I would think the warranty would be something to consider.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Dude, buy it!!! I have used my warranty for almost $18,000 in warranty work. $14,000 just to rebuild the motor after it blew. The 07's esp. because they had a lot of out of round bearings go out to the bikes(its is the most likely reason mine blew up). I have had two stators replaced and one wiring harness. Don't let anyone tell you that a mod will void your warranty either. In order for them to deny your claim, they have to prove that the mod was a direct cause of the break down.

if after a year you have problems that really is just pure bad luck. you also have to understand if you crash, the tee is now invalid.
^^^This is also not true^^^ Again, they have to prove that any damage to the bike was a direct cause of any future warranty claim. In other words, they can't deny a motor claim because you once lowsided the bike and scratched a fairing and bent a clutch lever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts