Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I went for a ride through Angels crest like I always do... I barely entered and got to the third or fourth turn (on the back entrance). I was coming out of the turn at about 80 mph and I notice 2 CHP patrol cars on the left hand side of the road... Then a CHP officer runs out to the middle of the street, draws his gun, and makes me pull over... As I pull off to the side of the road, he holsters his gun but pulls out the taser.... After checking my Lic, Reg, and Ins, he and another officer starts chewing my ass and inspecting my bike... After about 20 min of this, he says that the only reason he is giving me a warning is because they already have one arrested in the car... I look in the car and yep, there is a dude in cuffs and his R6 is on the other side of the patrol car... They said he tried to run from them... He told me to tell all my friends that they are cracking down on Angeles Crest... That they are having patrol cars stage at the bottom of both roads (Front and back) so if you try to run, they radio ahead and have the roads blocked so you have no where to go.... Lastly, he said if your caught going faster then double the spped limit, they are arresting you and impounding all bikes!!! FYI!!!!!

This Sucks ass.... No where to go these days... Angels Crest is being shut down, Mulholland Dr is done, Bouquet Cyn is done, where can we go these days..........

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear. At least you weren't the one in the cop car. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was out there yesterday too. I received the warning as I went up from other riders coming down. I took it easy. Ended up seeing 1 crown vic, 1 suv cop and 1 biker.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
This Sucks ass.... No where to go these days... Angels Crest is being shut down, Mulholland Dr is done, Bouquet Cyn is done, where can we go these days..........
Willow springs, buttonwillow, infineon, california speedway.....

Sounds like Occifer Stout is at it again. Avoid peak squid times and you should be ok. Get up there by 7-8 am and get done riding by 10 at the latest.

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
Yup, yesterday I went riding at around 9AM and get some time in before going to lunch with family for mother's day. I also went there, but before I even exit the 210 N. they were behind me. I turned the opposite way, away from the mountain cause I didn't want them to think I was going for the turns. So I made a left to make it look like I was going to get gas on the other side of the freeway. Before I even went in the gas station they turn on the lights. I continued like I didn't see them, next thing the cop came over ask for Lic., reg and Ins. then they looked for anything that they can get me for. I cooperated the whole way and never said anything, only when I was asked. I didn't get a ticket, but he also didn't say anything about a warning. So I asked, why did I get pulled over. All he said that they are cracking down on riders that are riding unsafe on the mountain. So I said OK, so why did I get pulled over. I was not headed that way. And all he said just in case if I have friends that ride, that I would tell them. And what I thought was cool about the cop he told me to spread the word to my friends. He said he rides also and he hate to see our bikes get taken away or anyone getting hurt up there. He also told me to take it on the tracks. So with that, all I said was thanks and shook his hand and went back and ride the small turns at the rose bowl and Altadena drive for my fix. So be careful if you decide to ride up there. Ride safe guys.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
you could always come up here to montana, they don't give us any grief here as long as your not going light speed.

·
I miss the 600cc fun.
212 Posts
darn, no more sunday canyon riding for me now I hate the hassle of being stopped by cops!... I guess they're gonna move down towards azusa/gmr next when they're satisfied from angeles crest.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Yesterday, I went for a ride through Angels crest like I always do... I barely entered and got to the third or fourth turn (on the back entrance). I was coming out of the turn at about 80 mph and I notice 2 CHP patrol cars on the left hand side of the road... Then a CHP officer runs out to the middle of the street, draws his gun, and makes me pull over... As I pull off to the side of the road, he holsters his gun but pulls out the taser.... After checking my Lic, Reg, and Ins, he and another officer starts chewing my ass and inspecting my bike... After about 20 min of this, he says that the only reason he is giving me a warning is because they already have one arrested in the car... I look in the car and yep, there is a dude in cuffs and his R6 is on the other side of the patrol car... They said he tried to run from them... He told me to tell all my friends that they are cracking down on Angeles Crest... That they are having patrol cars stage at the bottom of both roads (Front and back) so if you try to run, they radio ahead and have the roads blocked so you have no where to go.... Lastly, he said if your caught going faster then double the spped limit, they are arresting you and impounding all bikes!!! FYI!!!!!

Sheesh...the injustice of it all....

T1

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Damn police harrassing people for breaking the law. Gosh...that's all sorts of wrong. Those stupid officiers telling people that it's dangerous and illegal to ride double the speed limit.

Go to the track.

I will admit that pulling his gun was stupid.

·
Registered
88 Posts
you could always come up here to montana, they don't give us any grief here as long as your not going light speed.
oooh. I remember the days of NO speed limit in Montana in the 90s (yes, I am that old - I was stationed in Great Falls in 98-2001). Sucks that I didn't have a bike back then

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Damn police harrassing people for breaking the law. Gosh...that's all sorts of wrong. Those stupid officiers telling people that it's dangerous and illegal to ride double the speed limit.

Go to the track.

I will admit that pulling his gun was stupid.
Come on now..let's face it..pointing a gun at someone is just a perk of the job. 1/2 price meals, girls flashing you to get out of a ticket, pointing your gun at people...it's all in a days work!

T1

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
That officer Stout is a Clown. He actually caused at atleast 2 accidents one of which didn't involve a rider. He was advised to not engage in chases up there. Whatever were usually done by the time they get there anyway. I've been stopped before and most of the officers were cool. Except for the ass clown mentioned above.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
Then a group of you that weren't being stupid by treating a public road as a race track need to report him to the department.

T1, sometimes I wish it was a perk of the job, but it isn't. I have a few friends in the LAPD and personally don't have a clue how they do it everyday. Dealing with people that feel breaking the law isn't breaking the law.

There are plenty of people that shouldn't ride motorcycles simply because of their IQ deficiencies. Actually, maybe it's good that these people ride... it might keep them from breeding.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i would call a complaint in to a supervisor at the chp about them drawing their duty weapon at you. they should only be drawing their weapon during a deadly force situation and you riding your motorcycle on the road does not consist of a deadly force situation. i would also put a call in to the local media about the gun incident, might be a good way to get the chp in a little hot water. if they wanted to pull you over they should have used a squad car with its emergency lights activated.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I dont live in LA but after reading this story I am glad... It sounds like the 50 Chief order a hit or better yet a crack down on bikers and they are taking it to the extreme... Some people are stupid

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Some of you people are pathetic! This guy "CLEARLY" states he was doing 80mph which is way over the speed limit. He is probably riding fast in an area where bikers make fools of themselves and "RUN" from the police all the time. Then "HE" gets pissed off for being forced to pull over. The cop isn't at fault here...the rider is the damn fool! You want to ride fast why not take it to the track? You were pretty lucky I think and should be thanking somebody for not busting your ass.

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Some of you people are pathetic! This guy "CLEARLY" states he was doing 80mph which is way over the speed limit. He is probably riding fast in an area where bikers make fools of themselves and "RUN" from the police all the time. Then "HE" gets pissed off for being forced to pull over. The cop isn't at fault here...the rider is the damn fool! You want to ride fast why not take it to the track? You were pretty lucky I think and should be thanking somebody for not busting your ass.

I disagree...

The dude might have been speeding but the pulling the gun and the taser is out of order... :throwup

1 - 20 of 88 Posts