Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
Yeh if I ever sell my bike I don't plan on giving out test rides or anything like that. You buy it as is knowing its a used bike...don't like it I'll find another buyer.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Dumbass!!

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
also, dont show the bike from your garage/work location... meet the buyer at a gas station or mall parking lot or at least a few blocks away from where u live

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
i think the link as been removed
Still worked for me. But here you go

********Theft Warning*********** (Detroit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-04-20, 8:47AM EDT

FYI. Beware. I had a guy call me up wanting to see my bike. He rode up on a crappy bike. After we talked for a while he asked to sit on the bike. He just put it into first and took off.

Said his name was Rob. Reached me from 419-787-4041. Claimed to be a truck driver from Toledo.

Lesson learned. Don't let anyone sit on your bike unless you have CASH in your hand as collateral. Also, take the wallet just in case. I was pretty trusting before all this and really didnt think this would ever happen.

Its a pain in the *ss as a trustworthy buyer to have to put cash in someones hand to test the bike, but it is vital in todays world.

(A police report was filed. The bike he rode up on had no vin left)

(and dont flag this, jerks. isnt it enough that you have my $10,000 bike)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 649121631

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
All thieves must fuxing die! :cuss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts