Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from my gf's house at around 12 last night when a guy on gixxer 1000 flew by me (i wasnt exactly doin the speed limit myself). He made it just outside my head light range when his tail light went up in the air. I hit my brakes and the next thing i know i dodging parts all over the road. I pull over and run to the side of the road where the bike is a total mess no guy though (p.s. no lights on this road) i finally run up far enough and see the guy tryin to sit up i lay him down and i call 911 and see him off to the hospital left my number with the paramedics so they can call to tell me how he is. Walk back to the bike to see why he went end over end. A tree branch was in the middle of the road that im guessing at his speed he couldnt avoid. I missed it cause i was in the other lane (thank god) or it would have been me headed off to the hospital. Ill post again once i get a call from the hospital lettin me know how he is.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dude as a new rider, that just made me shiver in my seat...
Another reason why I will not ride fast especially at night time.
I fell off a 250 dirtbike on my face back in the day and that was brutal as it is.

·
It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
Wow! I wish him the best and hopefully this doesn't keep him from riding in the future but also teaches him a lesson.

*waiting for the update.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
well its a good thing you where there great job knowing to keep him flat and not moving around you may have saved his life

hopefully he is allright

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well its a good thing you where there great job knowing to keep him flat and not moving around you may have saved his life

hopefully he is allright
ya my friend is a paramedic he tells me about things every now and again that was one thing that always sticks in my mind

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
MMVII R6
112 Posts
i wish he gets well, please let us know whenever you get news from him, so many people do not understand the importance of good riding gear it could mean your life i bet he got a cuple of broken bones but it would have been a lot worse if he had'nt worn his safety gear so please new riders and experience alike wear your stuff. i see so many dudes wearing nothing but flip flops and t shits but you never know what is ahead of you specially at night.ride safe...

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
man that sucks. just goes to show you, that you always have to be geared up and alert at all times. i wish him the best of luck, and a quick recovery!!!!!!

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
hope hes alright

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
how'd his jeans hold up i wear my nomex pants to work most days just because its only 3 miles and i rarely go over 30mph (friggin traffic) i have yet to see a high speed with jeans most of my calls they've usually been wearing riding pants or shorts

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how'd his jeans hold up i wear my nomex pants to work most days just because its only 3 miles and i rarely go over 30mph (friggin traffic) i have yet to see a high speed with jeans most of my calls they've usually been wearing riding pants or shorts
jeans were torn up pretty good legs were bleeding but im not sure how bad the cuts were didnt get to stand too close once the paramedics showed up but nothing like a pair of leathers

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Dang - Thats what I keep telling these hard heads about bike night ... Its hard seeing @ night or better yet avioding something...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Wow thats no good...its so easy for such a small thing to make a big problem. Hope he gets better quick

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hope he is alright.

·
My other bike has 6wheels
127 Posts
i wish he gets well, please let us know whenever you get news from him, so many people do not understand the importance of good riding gear it could mean your life i bet he got a cuple of broken bones but it would have been a lot worse if he had'nt worn his safety gear so please new riders and experience alike wear your stuff. i see so many dudes wearing nothing but flip flops and t shits but you never know what is ahead of you specially at night.ride safe...
That is so true.

I really hate to hear about bad things like this, but it is a very good thing that you were there to help him right away. I remember I saw a guy on a stretched 'Busa run into a side of a car that pulled out in front of him on my way home from Panama City, FL. It is a really tramatic event to witness and I must say that I was pretty shaken up after seeing that.
Let us know if the guy is alright. We're very lucky to have such a tightly knit group of folks that ride who watch out for one another in situations such as this one. Be safe everyone.

·
YUT UGHHHH
464 Posts
That sucks, hope he is ok. We just had a rider around here not too long ago hit a downed tree during a storm. Just remember to lay them down, keep them still, and keep that helmet on if they are breathing ok.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts