Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to taking all my electronics out of my truck so I can sell it and one of those electronics was a reverse camera that mounts on the license plate. I started flirting with the idea of putting it on the bike. The camera will be very simple to modify to fit on the smaller bike plate, but I am looking to find a fairly inexpensive small screen to put near the gauge cluster and be able to leave it there regardless of the weather. Anyone have any ideas where I can get one??? I tried google and wasnt having much luck.
thanks

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes... the screen would be on when the bike was on. It would basically allow me to see behind me without having to try to turn my head or look in the mirrors. The camera has quite a wide angle so it would give me basically everything from the camera back and would be as simple as glancing down a few inches to the screen. Would probably even allow me to safely get rid of the mirrors and clean up the front a little bit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes... the screen would be on when the bike was on. It would basically allow me to see behind me without having to try to turn my head or look in the mirrors. The camera has quite a wide angle so it would give me basically everything from the camera back and would be as simple as glancing down a few inches to the screen. Would probably even allow me to safely get rid of the mirrors and clean up the front a little bit.
Great idea!:toocool: Still probably need the mirrors though...maybe one on the clip on???

D

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably will need them to get inspections... but I think the camera would show as much, most likely more of the rear view and would require less movement of the head to see... the mirrors would basically become an extra. I rarely ever use my mirrors to change lanes anyways.. I always turn my head to see so I dont catch something in a blind spot. I really only use the mirrors to keep aware of what is around me... which the camera would do better. But I have to find a screen that can withstand the elements.. lol

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The camera I have was about $20 on ebay and it works awesome... even works pretty damn well at night (has a "night mode" that is maybe about 1/2 of a night vision camera.. lol)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Probably will need them to get inspections... but I think the camera would show as much, most likely more of the rear view and would require less movement of the head to see... the mirrors would basically become an extra. I rarely ever use my mirrors to change lanes anyways.. I always turn my head to see so I dont catch something in a blind spot. I really only use the mirrors to keep aware of what is around me... which the camera would do better. But I have to find a screen that can withstand the elements.. lol
Try marine grade stuff. I know they sell them, my dad has a bunch on his boat. I'lll ask him the brand...but I know you can plug video into them he has it setup on the front of the boat for docking...all weather proof too.

D

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up just using my camera I already had and then for the screeen I bought a cheap $60 screen off ebay, took apart the outer casing and basically filled the inside with silicone. If it wasn't for the damn mouse that chewed through the wires it would still be working fine. Just gotta get the wires fixed and it'll be good to go. I never took it off so it was out in the rain, sun, etc. all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts