Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just wonderin if anyone wears a cup for ridin or racing. The other day i had to break hard and bashed my self on the gas tank, almost blacked out.. damn soccer moms......

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
scoot back a bit. i find i only smash my nadds when i sit right up on the tank. so i try not to sit right up on that tank unless i'm in the twisties or somthin.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have to agree with Rsixxer. :stupic I sit almost against the b*$ch seat all the time, and squeeze the tank with my legs to hold me up to keep the weight off my wrists, and to keep my gems safe under braking. Just my two cents....

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've needed one a couple of times when I was attempting some first gear wheelies.

The front came up so fast I cut the throttle & the front end came down hard & I ended up bashing my nads on the tank. Almost had to pull over & recover.

Never actually tried wearing one though.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I tried wearing one racing one time, but Damn you can hardly sit down with it on. I just take my chances now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Damn it, that friggin hurts.

I dont have my new battery yet so I have to get the bike going and pop the clutch to start it, and last night it didnt start the first time. I slid forward and racked my nads on the tank. They still hurt like hell.

I think that is the most uncomfortable part about riding bike is that your nads are stuck between you and a friggin metal gas tank.

If someone would make a Soft Cushioned Nad Holder, they would be very rich.

For that reason, I envy women riders.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got balls of steel, so I just dent my tank.. :mrgreen:

I used to crush my bulls all the time when I was first learning to wheelie. I haven't racked them in a while though.
I think that if you sit closer to the tank, your balls don't get that running start from the back of the seat into the tank (can everyone hear the bowling ball smashing into the pins?). With everything already on the tank, they just get squeezed a lit bit---grip the tank with your legs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've crunched my nuts a few times...Once when I got the front end up and a few times over some major bumps...

If you do wear a cup a "soft" cup might be better than the hard ones. Putting a dent in the tank would be like :cuss

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've crunched my nuts a few times...Once when I got the front end up and a few times over some major bumps...

If you do wear a cup a "soft" cup might be better than the hard ones. Putting a dent in the tank would be like :cuss

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would never wear a cup to ride. it would be so damn uncomfortable. I never wore it for football or lacrosse. Always hated those damn things.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I bang my nuts every day on a regular basis. I ride in NY so some of the rodes are baja and my berries end up getting the worst of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts