Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I dunno why Yammie Engineers didn't recognize this as an issue, but the passenger (aka b*tch seat) seat has a sizeable air gap between the cowl and seat. The problem lies in having a UFO light setup and wanting to wash the bike occassionally so my baby can shine :hump
Currently, i've wrapped the UFO controller in two lunchbags and rubber banded the open end and stuffed a rag under the seat before washing to catch the water. As always, there has to be a better way. :poke just got to find one. I was thinking of getting some weather stripping from Menards or Home depot and putting a fine trace under the seat or on the cowl. I'm looking for advice or opinions here. I would also like to maybe get a better enclosure for the UFO controller than plastic bags b/c bike vibration is rubbing through the bag. :fruit

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I am sure there are little project boxes that you could use to waterproof the unit. I would check Radio Shack.

As for the waterstripping. I would put it on the seat so when it is off it doesn't look stupid. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
just get rid of that stupid seat and get a solo tail section. then if a broad wants to go for a ride you tell her she has to sit facing you on your lap :boob . Thats how I rollllll....Titties in my face and all....

Not really but I can't think of anyway to seal the rear compartment, other than just putting the controlls in a plastic bag just when you wash it and leaving it alone when you're just rollin. I know of two people that have the lights and they wash their bikes all the time and nothing happens to their lights. I'm sure the developers took that into consideration being that there is not one motorcycle co that makes their sex seats waterproof.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's the thing. the UFO comes with details in the instruction manual for putting the controller in a balloon for water protection. my first control box crapped out on me 2 days after i washed the bike (i didn't realize the water leakage). the UFO company was nice enough to send me a new box free of charge so i don't want to mess it up again, if that was the reason.
drhodes, i was thinking of putting the weather stripping on the seat but i dunno if there's a flat enough surface area to make for a good hold. i think i'll just risk putting it on the cowl b/c i really never have the seat off the bike. but thanks for the advice, guys. i owe u a :hump
:hammer

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eh, Loki, i had pics posted of the box but got deleted out of the How To section. i'll get some pics tonight or tomorrow and post them for you.
:flame

1 - 7 of 7 Posts