Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright my internet explorer is fuckin retarded ghey.....it freezes and shuts down 34937459 times a fuckn day.....i need some direction for the all mighty computer nerdz.....HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Internet Explorer :throwup Firefox rules.

Go to Mozilla and get free download. Firefox has more features and is much faster. Knock on wood, it has yet to crash on me. IE is a thing of the past.

·
Yellow Monte
882 Posts
Plus Internet Explorer is more prone to getting popups. I rarely ever have any with firefox, and I used to have them all the time with Internet Explorer

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
firefox +1, you can install some pretty wicked extensions on it. drhodes did a little article on it a while back. I like Adblock, it even stops those flash popups.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1.02 is now out. uninstall old version, install new, dont worry about settings/favorites, even after uninstalling they will still be there when you upgrade to new version.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I work for an IT consulting firm and here is the 10 point checkup

Install -
M$ Updates
Spybot
Spysweeper
CW Shredder
HiJackThis
M$ anti-spysweeper
Firefox
Virus scan

Install all. Run in safemode without networking. Reboot- Run in normal mode.
Good to go.

·
looking for more curves
1,887 Posts
picass1850 said:
I work for an IT consulting firm and here is the 10 point checkup

Install -
M$ Updates
Spybot
Spysweeper
CW Shredder
HiJackThis
M$ anti-spysweeper
Firefox
Virus scan

Install all. Run in safemode without networking. Reboot- Run in normal mode.
Good to go.
hopefully after all that hopefully IE,which by the way does LOTS more then just webpages.... open My Computer and then type in an website in the "address bar" and you'll be able to browse webpages from "Explorer" not Internet Explorer - since IE is "deeply intergrated into the OS", will start working better since it can and will cause your system to run poorly.

If after all that, and IE still sucks more then usual, it is time for a Slash and Burn of your HD...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts