Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOWERING

I WAS WONDERING IF IT IS BETTER TO LOWER WITH THE ADJUSTABLE DOG BONE MOUNT OR THE PERMANENT ONE, OR DOES IT NOT MATTER. :roll:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Personally I'd say get the permanent one. So long as its the right height for you.

Although thats going to be a bit hard unless you try it. :roll:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have to say adjustable...you can dial it in exactly where you want it, then just don't adjust it anymore, and it will be permanent until you want to adjust it again.

·
Registered
202 Posts
:?: I have considered lowering my R6 a little so that I can touch more ground when on a slop. Some people say that an inch won't do much some say that they don't recommend messing with it. Any ideas?? :stupic

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
An inch will do ALOT........i repeat.........ALOOOT!

It is fairly expensive to lower your bike the correct way and keep the same ergoes.

Ask Grau........i think she lowered hers an inch, but can't remember for sure, but has been happy with it and says she hasn't noticed a difference.

MY ideas on proper lowering first go with the bone in the back, yes, either get an adjustable one like www.tobefast.com offers, or a set one. Now if you lower the rear an inch with the bone or link, you need to lower the front the same. My opinion is to do so by using different fork springs, and not adjusting fork height etc.. in the tripples.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Miracle did you lower your bike?? I have a friend that is probably going to buy a 04 R6 and she is a little short 5'4" or 5'5". How tall are you? Did you lower your bike? If so how much?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am 5', hence my username. I lowered my bike 3", and I wear platform riding shoes with a sole about 2" thick. I lowered the front of the bike to match the rear. It is raining like hell outside, or else I would go take a picture. You know what...I think I am going to go take the picture anyway. As soon as I figure out how to post a pic, I'll do it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got back from running out in the rain to take the pics. I'll take more pics when I clean the bike up (it's REALLY dirty from all the rain), and I'll be in one of those, ok? That's me in the avatar though.
Well, these pics didn't come out very well, and you really can't see jack. I'll take more when the weather gets better. Hopefully tomorrow.
Oh, I have my levers and rearsets getting powder coated, that's why they aren't on the bike.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I figured out how to do it, thanks. There is only one picture that really came out because it is so dark (12am), so I will just take some more a little later, then I'll post them on this thread.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The lowering link I got was from Diamond powersports. I forgot how much it cost but its pretty easy to put on. Just remember that you will have to cut you kick stand or bend it

·
Registered
419 Posts
Miracle did you just raise the forks in the triple clamps? Did you lower the front 3" too?? My best friend's wife just bought a 04 silver/flames R6 yesterday. She is 5'4" and going to pick it up today!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a set of lowering links, I can go about an inch and a half, or about 3 inches, I'm curious if there are any issues with lowering that far? there's not much clearance as it is under there, (imagining rolling over a speed bump...scrrrrape) and wouldn't it also affect how far you could lean?

thanks!
JD

·
Registered
527 Posts
There is some speed bumps is one. Curves it depends on how low you go. Just off set it by lowering the forks to make everything right. My bike is lowered 2 inches while my fiance's is just 1 in. I have a shorter kickstand while her's is just bent.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts